Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 headset

• 05-12-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Looking for help regarding headsets. Need to buy one for son for Xmas, new console doesn't include them apparently. So basically wireless or wired, and any idea who's cheapest, bought one in Argos but it lasted a week! Cheers from a confused mother!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

get a set of turtle beach x11 ya get them in gamestop for about 60 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Well, there's a huge range of headsets out there. You can pay anywhere from €20 for a basic mic and speaker type to €170+ for a surround sound headset.

Give us your budget and we'll be able to recommend the best for the price bracket.

Personally, I use Turtle Beach x41's which are wireless, 7.1 surround sound with a chat mic for xbox live. I find them excellent but they'd be considered fairly top of the range at around €170.

I know plenty of guys using Turtle Beach x11's which are wired, stereo sound with a chat mic. They all seem very happy with them and they're good value at around €60.

Here's a link to a site I've bought various stuff from over the last few years. I find them very good and you'll see all the various headsets on offer for the xbox 360.

http://www.limexb360.co.uk/category/Xbox_360_Headsets,i.html

Hope this helps you out a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i read on another thread here that the orb gx1 headset
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-GX1-Gaming-Headset-Xbox/dp/B003V4AKAC

is 25.99 in xtravision and from reading the reviews of them on amazon they seem decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I bought Turtle Beach x11s €44.99 with something else in Game two days ago. Don't know if the promotion is still on but it's worth checking if you needed an excuse to buy something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Ya I was in game yesterday and saw the x11's for 45 down from 55.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mynamesjay

Hey, Don't want a separate thread because I think my issue will relate to the original poster. I was looking at some X11's myself but just found info that you need to be connecting to the tv by HDMI to use these (Not sure of this, is this true?) If this is true then does anyone know of some other reasonably priced reasonably good headsets? Because the official ones are just too flimsy and uncomfortably!

mynamesjay wrote: »
    Hey, Don't want a separate thread because I think my issue will relate to the original poster. I was looking at some X11's myself but just found info that you need to be connecting to the tv by HDMI to use these (Not sure of this, is this true?) If this is true then does anyone know of some other reasonably priced reasonably good headsets? Because the official ones are just too flimsy and uncomfortably!

the headset has a 3.5mm jack so as long as you have a headphone jack on you tv
    you'll be fine

it also comes with and red and white rgb adapter

Correction, it does work without a HDMI TV. Gonna go get one now. Will confirm later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    you'll be fine

I presume you are using these dunworth. Would they be worth the 45 euro ya think? Thinking about them for Christmas.

I presume you are using these dunworth. Would they be worth the 45 euro ya think? Thinking about them for Christmas.

yep guessed right.

once you use them you wont ever play a game without them

you can hear thing you would never hear peoples foot steps etc.
    tough it very hard to in BO. but easy in BF

also can be handy for ignoring people while playing as you cant hear the person talking

bottom line they are worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

i think everyone in the clan uve played with walshy uses them.cept mooses which he paid out 4 times more for surround sound the crazy man:rolleyes::rolleyes:

i dont have them but ive used cycos a gooood bit and there wel worth the money. im going to pick up a set but ive to get a decent telly first.
    there great in the way you can control the chat volume and the game volume. there feckers though for when the volume thing rubs off your jumper and turns up to the last and ends leaving u with stained underwear from fright:o:rolleyes:

45 is defo a great deal for these.

they dont work too well on blackops the sound is a big let down i find in it. there also great to use when your watching a film or if you like watching moto gp etc..

dunworth1 wrote: »
    you'll be fine

Hey, Ya, just used the red and white connections... works perfect, TV doesnt require a headphone socket. They are great, disappointed with black ops sound thing, because played with a headset on MW2 and sound was incredible... could here footsteps in other rooms in buildings... really kept you on edge 24/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

What on earth did he do to them that they lasted a week, no matter how cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

What on earth did he do to them that they lasted a week, no matter how cheap?

Perhaps he got unlucky, all tech from every manufacturer has a failure percentage. However, my guess is he probably flung them against the wall out of frustration after getting tea-bagged by some kid... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anywhere else doing these for cheap?

Theres no Game in drogheda *sigh* :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anywhere else doing these for cheap?

Theres no Game in drogheda *sigh* :(

Amazon? Just got a set of X11s in the post, took less than a week to come, ordered late last friday night/saturday morning, shipped on the 7th. Worked out at around €44.50 or something, and they arrived in a proper big box, packed with fancy bubble wrap, they couldn't even move inside it. Compared with some other places I've bought similarly sized electronics, who tended to squash them into the smallest envelope they'd fit in.

Amazon? Just got a set of X11s in the post, took less than a week to come, ordered late last friday night/saturday morning, shipped on the 7th. Worked out at around €44.50 or something, and they arrived in a proper big box, packed with fancy bubble wrap, they couldn't even move inside it. Compared with some other places I've bought similarly sized electronics, who tended to squash them into the smallest envelope they'd fit in.

Did you get them with the supersaver free delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

CMpunked wrote: »
    Did you get them with the supersaver free delivery?

I did. And I checked a while ago, the price has increased by 80p, so it'll bring it to just under €46. Still, not the worst price to pay.

Here they are.

I did. And I checked a while ago, the price has increased by 80p, so it'll bring it to just under €46. Still, not the worst price to pay.

Here they are.

That is awesome dude, thanks. :D

I had a few things to get off amazon for crimbo so its great that it will all nicely group together too. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement