Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do bike shops have January sales???

• 05-12-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm thinking of buying a new bike soon. Should I wait until January to grab one or is now a good or bad time due to the amount of ppl buying bikes for their childers now i.e bad customer service/advice, no extra's thrown in etc.

Should I expect to see any sales in the shops in January?

DOC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

might be better to try to get a deal on a 2010 bike in December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

2011 models tend to hit the shops in October 2010, bike shops are keen to clear stock from then on.

Now is the time to get a deal, if the shop has your size in stock haggle hard, the indie bile shops will be keen to deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

completely depends on how much you are willing to spend. Ive started my search for a new full carbon bike max budget of 2k. Might build a hing-fu one. I spoke with lads in eurocycle the other day who strangely enough told me to hold on as the remaining 2010 stock of felts will be reduced in jan sale as they still havent taken delivery of the 2011 models. May be caused my the separation of team garmin and felt i dont know.

Merlin has excellent deals on 2010 felts and crc and wiggle have good deals on their remaining 2010 stock some ultergra builds around the 1300 market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Felt/Garmin seperation wont hae anything to do with it - Bikes just won't be made yet or on the water.

Good point re the budget though....

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

Looking to spend between 600 to 800, realy just for a commute into work. My previous bike was knicked (Giant rapid 3) so am looking at something along the same lines. I've seen the 2011 model but it a 100 quid dearer or so.

I've next week off so I might drag my ass around town to see whats on offer. BTW, can you recommend a good bike shop that's easy enough to get to from the city centre (public transport), bought the Gaint in hollingsworths.

Cheers

DOC

• Advertisement
Advertisement