Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning a George Forman

Options
  • 05-12-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Got one a couple of months ago love it but cleaning is a pain any tips would be app many thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A great tip is to soak a few sheets of kitchen roll in hot water and put them onto it and leave it closed while it cools and you eat your food. Then the gunk wipes off very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I pour boiling water from the kettle as soon as I finish using it (the george must still be hot) and the dirt just sizzles off it. Then a quick wipe with kitchen roll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

foodaholic wrote: »
    I pour boiling water from the kettle as soon as I finish using it (the george must still be hot) and the dirt just sizzles off it. Then a quick wipe with kitchen roll

This is what I do with our grill. Sometimes I put a little washing up liquid on a bit of kitchen paper and give it another wash, just to make sure it's properly clean! They do get very grubby!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

foodaholic wrote: »
    Yeah that's the way all not stick pans/surfaces should be cleaned. Works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭buttonsflyie

Hi OP

I turn mine back on, let it heat up and then spray it with cleaner, wipe it down with kitchen roll, works everytime, have mine about 8 years and its still like new and get used at least twice a week :)

Buttons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

heres a lazy mans tip,

you know the oven liners that you can but, get one of those and cut it to size of your GF, use one for the top plate and one for the bottom, when finished cooking either bung them in the dishwaher or wash them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Thanks to all ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

CillitBang_203x150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Nail Brush works good as well

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

George Foreman Grill Sponges

These work great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement