Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing courses in Dublin

Options
  • 05-12-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me some info on general/children's nursing courses in TCD and UCD? I note that there are two courses in TCD, and that they're both lower points than UCD. I've also heard anecdotally that the Tallaght course in TCD is, well... awful. No idea why though.

Any insights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bobboberson

Hey
    I m in the peads class in TCD and i m trying to get out, tallaght doesn't have enough inpatients for the students it has with only 3 wards one of which closes alot and its very basic care you wont see a lot, so if i was chosening again id pick UCD or DCU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I did my nursing in the UK but did midwifery in UCD. Its a fantastic school with lots of resources and skills labs. Got a great education there, its convenient to get to and easy to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

What information are you looking for? I'm in the Children's & General class in DCU. It's a great college with lots of resources & a new nursing building. I've met some of the Children's & General class from UCD while on placement & they said that their course was great & very enjoyable too. The only difference I can see is the hospitals that they are partnered with. Trinity have Tallaght, UCD have Crumlin & DCU have Temple street. I am loving it so far.

Advertisement