Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing/replacing sliding porch door

• 05-12-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We had to remove our sliding front porch door when we were bringing a new couch into the house last night,we couldn't get it back on the rails properly but we figured it was stuck in there pretty tightly.

My younger sister forgot about it and slammed the hall door this morning,few minutes later we heard an unmerciful smash and yep the porch door was lying on the ground and both the glass panels are smashed and the plastic bit where the letterbox is and that seperates the 2 glass pieces has a big crack in it too.

The hall is freezing now because of the draught coming in through our old wooden front door!Just wondering would anybody know roughly how much it would cost to fix the sliding porch door or how much a new door would cost if fixing isn't an option?Am useless at DIY so would probably have to add in labour costs aswell.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Hi,

We had to remove our sliding front porch door when we were bringing a new couch into the house last night,we couldn't get it back on the rails properly but we figured it was stuck in there pretty tightly.

My younger sister forgot about it and slammed the hall door this morning,few minutes later we heard an unmerciful smash and yep the porch door was lying on the ground and both the glass panels are smashed and the plastic bit where the letterbox is and that seperates the 2 glass pieces has a big crack in it too.

The hall is freezing now because of the draught coming in through our old wooden front door!Just wondering would anybody know roughly how much it would cost to fix the sliding porch door or how much a new door would cost if fixing isn't an option?Am useless at DIY so would probably have to add in labour costs aswell.

Thanks!
    about forty quid each pane, letterbox 15-30 fitting 70 just ballpark guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

were are you based i,ll try and help if i can

Advertisement