Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blowout?

Options
  • 05-12-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hi
    just did my secound muntons(i usually just do coopers but am bored of them think it all taste same) this time did the wheat beer and added 1kg of light spray malt. I also used a different yeast one specially for wheat beer...bloke in shop recommended it. well around 20hours later foam was pouring out of my airlock!Its my first ever blowout!! i took it of and cleaned it out which released some pressure from fermenter. This has happened 4times now ive just kept cleaning it out and refixing it...is this best thing to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

I'm not sure how best to combat this but I reckon someone with more experience should be along shortly! Or try the lads on www.beoir.org, very helpful. From what I've heard wheat beets always have a more "vigorous" ferment. Hope it works out ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wuben

cheers man im sure i'll be grand just want to make sure im dealing with it in the right way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

maybe too warm, is it in the hot press or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wuben

defo not to warm sitting perfect at 20degrees think its a great sign that everything working really well

Advertisement