Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Small smoldering fire in fuse box

• 05-12-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a '94 peugot j5 mini bus conversion and a while back the most left fuse in the fuse box in the glove box melted and smoldered on a journey. I had to pull the remains of the fuse from the fuse holder with a pliars as it smoked. Since i pulled it out I don't seem to have lost powe to anything. The cables going to and from this fuse is a large cable about a 6sq cable or so so it is fairly beefy. I havn't been able to find out what this fuse does and can't find a diagram anywhere. If anybody has a diagram or any input it would be appreciated.
    Unrelated thing also is when you start the engine and turn on the fan to get a bit of heat it takes ages to blow hot air. I've noticed that it takes a good reving before the air blows hot. I don't undrstand why. is there a valve or something that the reving opens to let the heat flow? even when the temp gauge regesters that the engine is warm. while driving it belts out the heat. I'm talking about starting from cold and let tick over. Any thoughts on either problem would be great, Thanks all in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

that is nothing unusual in the older fuse boxes , the furse is rated too close to the max amps running thru it . Can't remember what that one is for off hand... thought it was the interior fan. or maybe the Heater plugs?
    The diagram should be on a sticker on the back of the fuse box lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Milsey

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    that is nothing unusual in the older fuse boxes , the furse is rated too close to the max amps running thru it . Can't remember what that one is for off hand... thought it was the interior fan. or maybe the Heater plugs?
    The diagram should be on a sticker on the back of the fuse box lid.
    I was thinking it might have been a loose connection with the fuse and fuse holder but dont see anything not working. The fuse holder for that fuse is now well melted so will need to replace it. I must trace the wires when i get a chance. The legend that says what all the fuses are is ripped.

I'll have a look at one here tomoro and see what it says.

I'll have a look at one here tomoro and see what it says.
    fuses.JPG
    The fuse that i don't know what it does or size is the one on the far left. I have a list of fuses but it does not show the 3 fuses on the left.
    Thanks for any help.

Sorry I forgot to reply! Same in my older shape Ducatos , those ones aren't marked... hmmm... I *think* they may have something to do with high strenght consumables like the Rad Fans. Or possibly heater plugs.

• Advertisement

Sorry I forgot to reply! Same in my older shape Ducatos , those ones aren't marked... hmmm... I *think* they may have something to do with high strenght consumables like the Rad Fans. Or possibly heater plugs.
    Sound Aidan. I havn't got to check it out but when I do i'll ost what it is cheers, Happy Christmas

Advertisement