Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragus:Problem?

Options
  • 05-12-2010 4:35pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've had my tragus done for nearly two years now, and just lately, i "THINK" it might be rejecting?

It's not really sore, but it does look to be moving out of my ear, ever so slightly, often, i might get a build up of dead skin around my tragus...which i quickly clean away and apply some moisturiser to the area, but a few days later, it re-appears.

Has anyone had any similar problems?

I really do love the piercing, and i don't want to have to remove it! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

It could be just migrating rather than rejecting. It's common for piercings to move themselves to a better spot where it finds itself more naturally comfortable, and it rejects if it migrates too far.

Treat it with salt water solution to keep it in good condition and it'll eventually settle itself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

if it's migrating nothing aint gonna stop it. head to a professional piercer and get them to take a look for ya :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yeah im gonna treat it with some salt water solution till the new year when i get a chance to get it looked at!

Thanks for the replies guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Chances are, if it is migrating, you won't have anything to show a piercer in the new year. In most cases once a piercing starts to migrate, there's not a lot you can do do to stop them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Am i best off to take it out so? as if it migrates too much, and grows out, i'll have a bit of a horrible scar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If it looks like its going to grow out then yes I'd remove it. Scarring will be a lot less and it will be a lot easier to repierce it once it heals up.

Advertisement