Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using Galaxy S with a hifi via bluetooth

• 05-12-2010 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey Guys,

Getting a Galaxy S this week and want to be able to use it to play music through my hifi.

So far the best thing I've come across is a Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver on Amazon for £18 that plugs into the head phone jack of a regular hifi to enable bluetooth connectivity and this will work perfectly for me but just wondering if anybody knows if a standard usb bluetooth dongle (which I can get off ebay for next to nothing) will work instead as the hifi also has a usb port??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I doubt it. When you plug in a USB Bluetooth device to your PC it installs drivers.
    Your HiFi isn't going to be able to do that. I'd say the USB port is just for music storage.

£18 isn't bad either though. See if you can try out the Bluetooth media stuff before paying. I was using a Galaxy S for a while. It'd hang on me whenever I tried to stream music over bluetooth. Might just have been my phone though.

Advertisement