Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redbreast 12yo €33 (normal price)

Options
  • 05-12-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I know I have mentioned it before in the odd thread but the Carry Out Cheers Off License in Palmerstown (Silver Granite) has had this for years at €33 and some change. It can be more than €10 more expensive in many supermarkets and off licenses.

Even O'Briens has it on special at the moment and it is still about €4 more expensive than in Palmerstown.

I picked up another bottle just the other night.

Not sure what they charge for the 15yo....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Saruman wrote: »
    I know I have mentioned it before in the odd thread but the Carry Out in Palmerstown (Silver Granite) has had this for years at €33 and some change. It can be more than €10 more expensive in many supermarkets and off licenses.

Even O'Briens has it on special at the moment and it is still about €4 more expensive than in Palmerstown.

I picked up another bottle just the other night.

Not sure what they charge for the 15yo....

Thanks for that, do you have to go into the silver granite or is carry out beside it or?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its beside it. In between the Granite and betting shop.
    Oh and it is actually Cheers but makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Saruman wrote: »
    Its beside it. In between the Granite and betting shop.
    Oh and it is actually Cheers but makes no difference.

Excellent, I'm just at the end of my last bottle, will stock up for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmm... They have a facebook page :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭redlead

Why do Irish bars insist on ripping us off for decent whiskeys? I was charged €10 for a redbreast 12 year old in flannerys last night. A whole bottle only costs €35! This carry on doesnt happen in Scotland where they charge fair prices for decent scotch!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

redlead wrote: »
    Why do Irish bars insist on ripping us off for decent whiskeys? I was charged €10 for a redbreast 12 year old in flannerys last night. A whole bottle only costs €35! This carry on doesnt happen in Scotland where they charge fair prices for decent scotch!:mad:

Redbreast is on average €44 now but I'm with you.

What gets me is the tripling of the base retail price per shot to get a bar price. I just don't under stand that at all as the over all profit raises dramaticall as the bottle price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Old thread but, anyone know where the cheapest bottle of Redbreast 12 is to be had these days?
    Still Palmerstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Haven't seen many deals on the 12-year old version in more than a year. Typically you can pay €45 for it. A good whiskey, but definitely over-priced compared with all the other 12-year old whiskeys (Irish and Scotch) that you can get for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Looks like €59 is the going rate these days. Can anyone recommend a similar Irish whiskey that is better value?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Looks like €59 is the going rate these days. Can anyone recommend a similar Irish whiskey that is better value?

Green Spot is only €56.95 in The Celtic Whiskey Shop. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement