Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

instrumentals

• 05-12-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

can anybody recommend any good websites/blogs for downloading hip-hop instrumentals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Assume you mean to rap over?

I came across a decent one that hosts accalpellas of popular songs currently doing the rounds. Google "instrumentalking". Otherwise if you google "track name + instrumental" you can find a good looped version of most songs if you dig around.

For original beats I'd recomment looking on Soundcloud. Join the site and find the Stones Throw Beat Battle group. They have competitions every week where everybody flips the same sample. There are SCBB (Sound Cloud Beat Battles) as well. I get get most of my beats that way. Not everybody has their stuff for download but there's plenty who do. Generally speaking anybody who puts stuff up free download tends to be pretty open to letting you use them. Follow them and you'll have loads as most people are really prolific. Crediting them in the track title is good manners though you should always do that.

Alternatively there are loads of beatmakers on labels like Stones Throw, Brainfeeder, Alphapup etc. There are good instrumental hip hop albums coming out everyday you can buy/acquire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭YOP1992

Assume you mean to rap over?

I came across a decent one that hosts accalpellas of popular songs currently doing the rounds. Google "instrumentalking". Otherwise if you google "track name + instrumental" you can find a good looped version of most songs if you dig around.

For original beats I'd recomment looking on Soundcloud. Join the site and find the Stones Throw Beat Battle group. They have competitions every week where everybody flips the same sample. There are SCBB (Sound Cloud Beat Battles) as well. I get get most of my beats that way. Not everybody has their stuff for download but there's plenty who do. Generally speaking anybody who puts stuff up free download tends to be pretty open to letting you use them. Follow them and you'll have loads as most people are really prolific. Crediting them in the track title is good manners though you should always do that.

Alternatively there are loads of beatmakers on labels like Stones Throw, Brainfeeder, Alphapup etc. There are good instrumental hip hop albums coming out everyday you can buy/acquire.

Cheers man, not for rapping over no, for dj sets, found a couple of the instrumentals i was looking for! much appreciated

Advertisement