Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which One?

• 05-12-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

Having a hard time picking between these two, like the train in the first, like the building on the left in the second. Any opinions welcome!

A.
    E5649B2DEEBB4804A712C3F38034FF5D-0000315975-0002066589-00500L-C9C2AEAF193D4F5CB272E12CCC3C4081.jpg

B.
    C03CA3CC84904C548EC334D06224D5C9-0000315975-0002066588-00500L-6BB08845215B4C7F80552FA1F5A2934F.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,725 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

i prefer the first, the tracks in the centre just seems better composed to me.

but that's just my opinion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I prefer B.

I like the way, as you said, the first building on the left is more visible. I really like the shapes of the windows, and the rail lines.. It's a really nice contrast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Get the best of both with photoshop? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

When I saw these at first I thought they were some of Margaret Bourke-White's enigmatic shots of NYC.

I would chose the first one as the railway lines almost follow perfectly the line of perspective and make for a bolder image overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

First one definitely. I don't like how the building on the right is cropped in the second. Throw a little fill light into the first and Bob's yer Uncle I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

I wouldn't change anything about either of them. I think they're both really great shots. First one just has the edge, for me. Love the train.
    As I say, though, both are fantastic. Really timeless look. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

I prefer the way the tracks lead you into the frame in the second one. In fact, all the lines in the lower part of the frame are leading the eye in. The composition works really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Thanks for the advice (And nice comments) all, I still can't really decide, I think I'm going to use them both, they're, maybe just, sufficiently different to co-exist peacefully I think/hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I like the tracks being dead center in the first - tbh I didn't notice the train until I read the post with it...

1st one for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It's all about the building on the right for me. First one is much better. It makes a nice frame within a frame. In the second one the building's edge is not parallell with the frame, which is really annoying.

Once you see it you cannot unsee it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement