Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I send tea bags to Australia?

Options
  • 05-12-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,

My friend really misses barrys tea and I'd love to send them over to her sealed and all that in original packaging.

Is this allowed? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

My mum used to send my brother tea bags when he was feeling lonely/homesick or when he really wanted tea! He lived in America for years. It would take a few weeks but it should be grand. Waiting is the fun part.

Sometimes my mother would send him shamrock for Paddy's day and they would turn up mid July August withered (US authorities must have thought it was drugs!!) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Web based shop in OZ selling Irish branded goods . Taste Ireland , used them a few times myself when I was on a gap yr there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Yes you can, it does'nt taste the same in oz because of whatever they use to treat their water.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

So my parcel won't be pulled apart in customs or anything ?
    Sending her christmas present etc too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

poppet84 wrote: »
    So my parcel won't be pulled apart in customs or anything ?
    Sending her christmas present etc too :)

probably will be, but put back together and sent to its destination,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 littlemissmary

Hey there!
    It does get through but they may keep it in customs for a while - I definitely miss Barrys and I think it's the same here in australia! It's just the tea here is terrible, Lipton and all the others are just weak and horrible!

If you go to Tasteireland.com.au though, they do christmas hampers and just Irish products in general, if you want to send them without customs hassle. They have a shop in Sydney too, that's where I get chocolate and Barrys (oh yeah, if you're sending her stuff, get the Cadburys, because the stuff here is not good, it's really grainy because they put something in it to stop it melting so easily)

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭noddyflavin

I'm going to Oz on holidays so can I bring my box of Lyons tea in my luggage or no, I'm extremely worried, I love tea...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I'm going to Oz on holidays so can I bring my box of Lyons tea in my luggage or no, I'm extremely worried, I love tea...

And there was me thinking the point of travel was to experience new things :confused:

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I put some teabags in jiffy bag along with Simplex to brother in Aus... they arrive ok but then keep to small size jiffy bag. I think the official line is 'no foodstuffs'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You can buy online at barrysteashop.ie and have it shipped anywhere in the world. The postage seems to work out slightly cheaper than if you send it yourself.

• Advertisement

Jim, you obviously don't appreciate tea!. Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to new experiences but the thought of not having a decent cup of tea for 3 months is, well, distressing!...

I will drink Barrys but Lyons is nicer...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Yes you can, make sure to declare them on the customs declaration.
    The flavour of the tea will not be the same as the water is not the like ours.

Cheers Buddy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Tea is fine be sure to declare it on the landing card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Jim, you obviously don't appreciate tea!. Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to new experiences but the thought of not having a decent cup of tea for 3 months is, well, distressing!...

Oh, I appreciate a good cupa, but it is never going to taste like home because the water will be different in any case, so I gave up on the idea 21 years ago!

At work my team consists of Italians and South Americans, so very strong coffee is the order of the day, myself included.

Jim (Switzerland)

PS - I suppose I should also admit to speaking very little English and no Irish during the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Theres resellers in Australia too :)

Taste Ireland
    Unit 8, 25 Ossary Street
    Mascot NSW 2020
    Australia
    Tel: +61 2 9317 3815 / 1300 4 IRISH
    Fax: +61 2 9317 3853
    Email: info@tasteireland.com.au

Norn Iron Pty Ltd
    PO Box 5618,
    Manly, QLD 4179,