Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Interactive World Cup.

Options
  • 05-12-2010 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

The Fifa Interactive World Cup started on Friday.

Does anyone have any interest in this? Have you played any matches?

I think there's 20,000 euro for the winner, or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I've played 2 games but to be honest it's pointless seeing as some people are playing over 40 games a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

There are offline events too - UK is closest...

All going to be packed of top level competition

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

This is being advertised in game on Fifa 11 for the xbox 360 and its not even available to us 360 users! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Ive played a few games of it, and the competition is tough..

A Few things ive noticed is, how the hell have some player got over 250 wins and only 7 losses??? :eek:

Also ive noticed that alot of the player ratings have increased too, and no matter what team i seen to play against they are evenly matched.

Its kind of like a long league, well thats the impression im getting of it any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Also ive noticed that alot of the player ratings have increased too, and no matter what team i seen to play against they are evenly matched.

That's the whole point. All teams are five star. They're looking for the best Fifa player, even though the most dedicated wins, this makes matches fair as you need skill to win.

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Ive played a few games of it, and the competition is tough..

A Few things ive noticed is, how the hell have some player got over 250 wins and only 7 losses??? :eek:

Its kind of like a long league, well thats the impression im getting of it any way.

Even though the overall stats don't matter, there is still a difference with the sizes, I just played Barca there as GUFC and i could feel the difference players like Pique have over my CB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joe123 wrote: »
    This is being advertised in game on Fifa 11 for the xbox 360 and its not even available to us 360 users! :mad:

yep, completely bonkers but i suppose anything EA does with Fifa now doesnt surprise me anymore....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Snoods_Tevez here. I'm in top 100, but probably won't qualify as the people at the top just play too many games and I've got exams coming up. :(

Might go to UK qualifiers whenever they are on, although would be costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

http://www.fifa.com/interactiveworldcup/destination/events.html

Most of the live events dates and venues confirmed. Fs why can't Ireland just have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gariceimo

Too little time, so many games......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So basically whoever plays and wins the most amount of games in the months qualifies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    So basically whoever plays and wins the most amount of games in the months qualifies?

Basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I qualified for the FIWC Finals in London in 2006 and Amsterdam in 2007, back when the FIFA Interactive World Cup was a "World Cup" and not a contest to see who has the most free time, although I think the 5-star levelling of teams is great because it got tiresome of Barca v Barca. It used to be country based leaderboards, and then you would represent your country at the finals, but they changed it to regions ie. Europe and there are people who just dedicate their lives to the thing, its crazy. There should be less online qualifiers and much more regionals imo.

The competition itself is great though, was such a great experience, so if anyone has the life to spare I would say go for it, never enough Irish representation at these things.

Advertisement