Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desire/O2/Tethering

• 05-12-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭

I can no longer use wireless tethering with my Desire and I've no idea what the issue is.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any idea what could cause it? Could it be something that O2 have done to curb internet usage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I can no longer use wireless tethering with my Desire and I've no idea what the issue is.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any idea what could cause it? Could it be something that O2 have done to curb internet usage?

Just tried there on my x10 on O2 and had no issues!

Have you tried to reboot the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, I added the Mobile Web settings and restarted my phone as I was using their WAP settings for some reason the last while.

It's O2 UK, not sure if that would make much of a difference. It hasn't worked for me the last month so it's not anything temporary.

I'm not sure if I can contact 02 about the issue as they wouldn't be too happy with tethering.

Yeah, I added the Mobile Web settings and restarted my phone as I was using their WAP settings for some reason the last while.

It's O2 UK, not sure if that would make much of a difference. It hasn't worked for me the last month so it's not anything temporary.

I'm not sure if I can contact 02 about the issue as they wouldn't be too happy with tethering.

From what I understand about tethering, as long as you have a 2g/3g signal from the network, and can view and access web pages on your phone, there should not be an issue with sending that info over wifi to another device.

From this understanding, I don't think O2 can do anything to curb it's use. (I may be totally wrong here) :pac:

On my x10 I am using Barnacle wifi tether for the job. Is this the same program you are using?

What is/are the other device(s) you are trying to hook up to the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    From what I understand about tethering, as long as you have a 2g/3g signal from the network, and can view and access web pages on your phone, there should not be an issue with sending that info over wifi to another device.

From this understanding, I don't think O2 can do anything to curb it's use. (I may be totally wrong here) :pac:

On my x10 I am using Barnacle wifi tether for the job. Is this the same program you are using?

What is/are the other device(s) you are trying to hook up to the phone?
    I'm using Froyos inbuilt wifi access point which worked previously. My 2g/3g signal is fine when activated. I can view web pages. I'm just not been allocated an IP address when I try to connect. The software itself says that I am connected to the access point.

Might wait until Gingerbread is released and see if that sorts things out 'cause I'm stumped.

I'm using Froyos inbuilt wifi access point which worked previously. My 2g/3g signal is fine when activated. I can view web pages. I'm just not been allocated an IP address when I try to connect. The software itself says that I am connected to the access point.

Might wait until Gingerbread is released and see if that sorts things out 'cause I'm stumped.

Ah, no problem, I don't know enough about Froyo to comment as still stuck on Eclair. :(

If you had the time and patients maybe a re-install of the Froyo rom would solve the issue. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement