Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has there ever been a premiership football that has ''come out''?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

efb wrote: »
    They called him Gay cos he said he read 'The Guardian' - gobsh1ts!

Yeah and Robbie Fowler didnt help matters by waggling his arse at him during a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yeah and Robbie Fowler didnt help matters by waggling his arse at him during a game

he's a douche

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Did I just imagine a Harry Enfield sketch where Arsenal were all gay? Can't find it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Yea think your right. I reckon most of these accusations are based on upon chants from opposition fans. I love the logic behing the Grame Le Saux claims, ''Well if he dosent read the tabloids then he must have the ghey...'

I think the fact Le Saux is well spoken contributed to the gay accusations.He didn't speak like 'one of the boys' !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

he's a douche

Did you just say that ? Facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

darsar wrote: »
    Did you just say that ? Facepalm

Robbie antics were churlish in the extreme.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

hmmm, i dunno, i would think there are very few players at the high level, that are gay. i am probably making a sweeping generalisation here, but playing football is not something most gays do.

i of course be wrong on that, but every person i know who is gay, doesnt even follow football, let alone play it.

wtf? i actually didn't believe people really still thought things like this?

There is likely at least 30 gay footballers in the premier league but they can't come out due to the stigma attached in football.

As noted above footballers can't be seen reading a broadsheet newspaper or a book without being outed as 'gay' and having to live with terrace chants for years about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I hate all the nonsense speculation from fans about opposition players' sexuality, as if being gay was even something deserving of slagging. It's just another sign of the pervasive homophobia in society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Robbie antics were churlish in the extreme.

I mean the douche part...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Really?

Is this the level of discussion we're dropping too at this stage, there has to be something slightly better to discuss surely? Who cares, straight, gay, confussed, likes being tied up and caned, as long as they turn up and play for the team at the weekend do any of us really care what they get up to?

I would be beyond shocked if there weren't a number of gay professional footballers in England and everywhere else. I've played on teams were some of the players were gay, and I've played against a team where they are all gay, doesn't make a blind bit of difference to Soccer.

Now if someone wants to actually have a serious conversation on this, around the perceived stigma and homophobia that may exist in professional sports I suggest you try the humanities forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement