Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoping to return to college Sept 2011.. a few questions

Options
  • 05-12-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi

I'm hoping to return to college in 2011 to study either Music Technology or Psychology. I previously spent two years in IADT Dun Laoghaire studying Computer Multimedia which I dropped out of at the end of year 2 due to financial and personal reasons.

I am simply unsure of the steps I need to take to get myself back in the system to apply for a grant and to get myself on the list for my chosen college places... (Although I'm assuming this is through the CAO, do I have to go through them again since I've already been once before??)

Also, since I have been to college once before and dropped out halfway through the course, due to reasons I mentioned above, will this affect my entitlement to a grant? Bearing in mind I am unemployed, living at home and both my parents are also receiving social welfare payments at the present time...

Any info would be great,

Thanks. :o

Advertisement