Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Almera wipers not working

• 05-12-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

So the mammy calls in a state of panic.
    wipers not working so i come down and established blown fuse. the fuse was off another component soi removed it with ign on. Not smart i know anyway blew the fuse and have since replaced all. sadly wipers arent moving. theyre not stuck as i got them to reset to down position.
    I cant hear the motor when i switch em on. Am i looking at a blown relay?

Its an 06 Almera by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Check the fuse again, if there is a short the fuse will keep blowing.If you can get to the motor try to establish if there is power getting to the motor.Could well be the relay as you say.Substitute another if one will fit it to see if it does the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

You don't say how you reset the wipers (ie parked them). If you did it by jiggling the switch then the switch is your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Caddyvanman

I cant hear the motor when i switch em on.

What can you hear, do you hear the motor stalled out (humming noise)

Or do you hear the motor actually rotating, if so the linkage for driving the wipers has come of the motor.

To find out which you hear, when you switch on the wipers and turn them off, dose the noise stop straight away, if it dose the motor is jammed.

If you turn the wipers on and off and the motor run's on for a little while, then the motor is returning to the park position, and then the linkage for the wipers has come off somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Hey all thanks for the replies. I switched the wipers on and they reset to parked position then I blew the 2nd fuse which as I said was my fault.

when the switch is on now there is no noise at all.
    I reckon the linkage is still good as they both reset in sync and if I jiggle em they move in sync.

I'm not familiar with
    the Almera wiper interface. is it just a matter of removing the plastic cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Caddyvanman

Sorry re-read OP and seen you said "can't hear the motor"

I think it still could be a fuse, check them again as there's some crap fuses out there. Sometimes you can have a bad connection between the fuse and fuse holder, to cure this remove the fuse and give the 2 blades of the fuse a little twist and re-insert.

• Advertisement

Sorry re-read OP and seen you said "can't hear the motor"

I think it still could be a fuse, check them again as there's some crap fuses out there. Sometimes you can have a bad connection between the fuse and fuse holder, to cure this remove the fuse and give the 2 blades of the fuse a little twist and re-insert.

Thanks. will try this evening and update in the morn

just an update. I ran current on the motor off the car and it got nowhere so reckon the motor is fubar. ordered parts and collected today but it was too dark for fitting so hopefully tomorrow will fit

Advertisement