Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping out of college after i finish first year-heard i had to pay fees for 2nd yea

Options
  • 05-12-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

hiya.
    Im dropping out of college after I finish first year, but I heard I had to pay fees for 2nd year, is this true.This isnt taking a year out, this is leaving for good.Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

No, if you return to another course, you will have to pay fees for first year, but only first year. If you are not planning on going back though, you won't have to pay for second year, as long as you officially drop out, you won't be charged anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just make sure you offically inform the college that you're leaving, otherwise you could, in theory, end up having to pay a lot more if you ever did return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 starre

Go talk to your college asap. They'll tell you exactly how to go about leaving the course and what your options are. This is important in case you do want return to college in the future.

Advertisement