Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packet of ham from superquinn

Options
  • 05-12-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭

Hi

I purchased a packet of Shaws carvery ham from Superquinn last Thursday and left it in the fridge over the weekend. I was away for the weekend and when I was about to use it this evening I noticed that the seal was opened and the ham was gone off i.e turned grey and smelled. I presume I will be able to take this back without a receipt for a refund of a different pack, Its not the amount that is costs that would motivate me to bring it back just the decency of them to exchange or refund u=it.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You should have no problem without a receipt, many of the big supermarkets aare ok. You should ring ahead and explain so when you arrive you can just ask for who you were dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You should have no problem with returning it although I would go to the customer service desk rather than the checkout (saves time).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Most supermarkets will probably be good to you - although techically, they don't have to be.

How can you reasonably prove that you purchased the ham with the seal open? In reality, the best time to prove this would be at the point of purchase. Afterwards, you are the owner of the goods, and therefore responsible for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

billyhead wrote: »
    I presume I will be able to take this back without a receipt for a refund of a different pack,

It will be at the discretion of Superquinn. Without a receipt, you have no proof of purchase. Even then, since you are only bringing it back several days after purchase with the claim that it was like that when you bought it, they could contest your claim. They probably wouldn't, but they would be within their rights to do so. Without a receipt though, it's completely up to them.

Advertisement