Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

westside football pitches

Options
  • 05-12-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

why are they digging a huge hole on the playing fields in westside, though they were only widening the road

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I imagine everything has to be pushed over a bit, including the two GAA pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

the hole in the pitch is for water tanks i dont no want there for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

combat5 wrote: »
    the hole in the pitch is for water tanks i dont no want there for
    Water?

There is plenty of room for the number of lanes needed without moving the pitches imo. I'm guessing it will be put right when the work is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's for some sort of major underground runoff reservoir to service the road, there are more details in the thread about the roadworks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ah, an attenuation reservoir, I thought it was the new Garda station they keep promising us :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Water?

There is plenty of room for the number of lanes needed without moving the pitches imo. I'm guessing it will be put right when the work is finished.
    Is there? I thought they'd have to move the wall over at least a few feet to fit a pavement in. And it's going to be a bit weird having the pitches, McDonalds drive thru,Dunnes carpark etc right next to 4 lanes of traffic.. I imagine they'll be putting taller walls/fences in.

Anyone know how the 4 lanes are going to link up with the roundabout by the hospital? Are they going to be cutting into Corrib Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Is there? I thought they'd have to move the wall over at least a few feet to fit a pavement in.
    What I mean is that the pitches will be in the same place when the work is done. The road and pavement will only be as wide as the narrowest section.

The wall may well have to be moved a foot or two. It can't be moved much farther though, as the the road and pavement can only be so wide when passing McD's for example. See here.

Advertisement