Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees in D15

Options
  • 05-12-2010 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen any signs for or evidence of Christmas Trees for sale in D15 this week. I'm guessing the weather has affected deliveries this week. Want to get ours next weekend. Any recommendations for where...think we went to Celbridge last year cos we didn't see any decent ones around here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is some being sold in the car park in the shopping centre, saw them and the container they were being sold from while on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Bought one in Garden Works in Clonee on saturday just gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Superquinn in Ashtown has them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There is some being sold in the car park in the shopping centre, saw them and the container they were being sold from while on the bus.

was just going to say the same :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Saw a few hundred at Justin's in the village this morning as I slid towards the bus. Now the question is where has the nicest trees?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Andy Lord in Scribblestown House (Ashtown Junction, River Road) is doing trees again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i would nearly get one off him just to say i had been to scribblestown house. what a funny name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I was listening to Henry Mckeane on newstalk a couple of days ago interviewing a farmer in roundstone who said he was out delivering Christmas trees to Mulhuddart. So they must be somewhere.

Had an epic 5 hour search for the perfect tree today. Found it early at the shopping centre but they wanted €80 :eek: So on we went, to Porterstown where they were more reasonably priced at €48-65 depending on size. Still didn't find the perfect one for us...so on we went. Ended up getting it in Lucan for €50.

Can't believe the guys in the Shopping Centre car park and their prices...the short ones were €50, in a recession. Quite aggressive about their pricing, it was as if they were doing us a favour by offering to sell them to us. We voted with our feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 flame123

Hi All

Would anyone know of anywhere in the Dublin 15, D7 or nearby area sellin tall tress. I'm looking for one about 12-14 feet tall or slightly taller and all I see for sale are smaller ones in most places

On another note ( a rant actually )... These guys selling tress are taking us all for a ride, the prices have gone up by on average of 10% over last year, so much for the recession :mad:

• Advertisement

They had some at the place in Porterstown but the best tall trees we saw were in Leixlip. Much cheaper than in D15 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 flame123

Thanks guys

I actually travelled over to the Old Finglas Road at its junction with Tolka Estate and bought a 15' specimen this afternoon. With almost 5' cut from the top, its a smashing tree.

The guy selling has a huge selection and all types and sizes. I did travel all over D15 but to be honest, I was shocked at how few places were selling trees this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Lidl have small ones, about 3' high, but they are planted in a pot.

Presumably you can replant them out in the garden or somewhere else after the Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Costcutter in Woodview (offf the Clonsilla road) are selling trees. No idea about prices though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I've been everywhere this evening looking for a decent 8 foot tall tree with full branches. The only trees I can find are very thin.

I've tried,

Blanch Center, Liexlip, Chapelizod, Ashtown, Ragged Lane.

Anywhere else I can try?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

have you tried the place on the back road between Leixlip and Maynooth, Kellystown Lane..had really nice trees and lots of them a week ago..nice guys there aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Thanks Bulmers but I'm sorted.

I got a nice tree from the old guy down in Ragged Lane for €75 on my second visit.

Advertisement