Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pex piping question

Options
  • 05-12-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Evening all, I hope someone can point me in the right direction here. I don't know the first thing about plumbing.

The other day I can home to find that our outside tap had come free from the pex pipe coming from our house - I assume as a result off the freezing weather. I can see that I need to get the copper ring show in the pic below back onto the pipe to properly reconnect the elbow piece. For the life of me I can't get the little frigger on there. Is there a nack to it? Or a tool I need to get? Or should I just bite the bullet and get a plumber out?

Thanks in advance.

2i9jsep.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

it has probably been compressed already
    you are better off getting new one(few cent only)
    you also need an insert for the pipe(few cent only)
    probably why it came off in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Paul.Brazil

Thats great news thanks meercat. Excuse my ignorance but whats an insert? I asked about all this in homebase the other day and there were no "plumbing experts" in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Remember to check the other connections on this line, probably no inserts there either. You don't want a flood inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

it slots into your plastic pipe and when you compress the copper ring onto it,you get a better grip
    because it wasnt there ,the pipe expanded with the frost and slid the ring off
    try a plumbing supply shop for the fittings,and bring that picture and ring with you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Paul.Brazil

Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement