Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sandisk Sansa Clip .... where to buy?

• 05-12-2010 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi, after reading several threads on here, thought I would get hold of one of these as they seem to be recommended by many. I noticed links to Amazon, but on trying to order one, was infomed that they do not deliver MP3s here. Have checked Argos and PC World websites but no luck there ...... any suggestions most welcome. I am in Galway BTW. Thx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'm shocked Amazon don't ship it, anyway give pixmania a go.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Amazon.co.uk themselves definitely deliver mp3 players here, unless you're trying to order from a marketplace seller? you should email amazon.co.uk to find out what's going on.

There's also a sticky at the top of this forum with a brief list of online stores that might help.

pixmania.......shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah I got mine from Amazon.co.uk...was the cheapest i could find at the time.

Great MP3 player btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Mactard wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk themselves definitely deliver mp3 players here, unless you're trying to order from a marketplace seller? you should email amazon.co.uk to find out what's going on.

There's also a sticky at the top of this forum with a brief list of online stores that might help.

pixmania.......shudder

nope, Amazon will not deliver this item. I've tried! I've purchsed a netbook from them, a Sony MP3 player etc but lately (past 3 months) it seems as if they have become strict on their shipping electronics items to Ireland.

Try Dixons in Dublin Airport, they commit to beat Amazon.co.uk on price, that's one option.
    I wouldn't touch Pixmania with a bargepole however.

Just tried it there...you're right!

Strange, must be a new policy. Wonder why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Banjara

Thanks for the responses. Have checked out Pixmania and it is there for €45, so that seems to be the way to go.

Am surprised at Amazon ......... have tried again and this is what I got: SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black cannot be shipped to the selected address.
    :(

Pixmania are grand imo

Once you don't have a problem with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Banjara

Oops must have posted simultaneously .... can just see a couple of you have now added answers confirming Amazon prob. Why is Piximania a no-no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Pixmania used to be hard to deal with if you had a problem but I've been using them a lot lately and there fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

I bought mine off Amazon.co.uk this time last year anyway. A fantastic little device tbh, Ive given up on it recently to use my phone due to its Groovesharky goodness :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

Anyone know if there's anywhere in town that's stocking this? Sort of want to get it today or tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Obaraten wrote: »
    Whats the best price ye found for it?also when you buy it do earphones come with it as standard?im looikng at the 8gb version.

Yes, some earbuds come with the Clip+. They are reasonable sounding but don't do the device itself justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Anyone know where to get a clip plus in Dublin? Screen just cracked on mine, it was the football's fault :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

I'd also like to know where to buy one in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oneywu

I know the last post is from months ago but is there any chance anyone knows where you can buy one of these in Dublin? Pixmania sell them online but I've heard bad reports about them, so I'd rather buy it from a shop...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm really not sure if you can get any sandisk MP3 players in Ireland anymore, I do remember seeing them in the likes of currys+pcWorld years ago (and even in dunnes stores on the odd occasion) which makes me wonder if the reason Amazon.co.uk won't ship sandisk MP3 players to ireland is warranty related.

Pixmania are quite dire when things go wrong, for that reason alone I don't take a chance with them (even though you're far more likely to have no problem at all).
    Have you looked on advancedmp3players.co.uk? or ebay.ie? (if you go for ebay, make sure you buy from a trusted seller and pay with paypal only.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oneywu

That's a shame, thanks anyway I'll try the sites you mentioned there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Hi

Interested in buying this item as a substitute to poor audio player on my wildfire s. Is the audio quality much better than standard smart phone? only reason I would buy it

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

There's a couple of UK based eBay traders continuously selling refurbs of the Clip Zip (colour screen) and Clip+. The price is very reasonable.

A 4GB Clip Zip (colour screen) sells for around €25 euro. Excluding P&P. (€8 approximately)

This trader in particular: mrtrevor1945

Amalgam wrote: »
    There's a couple of UK based eBay traders continuously selling refurbs of the Clip Zip (colour screen) and Clip+. The price is very reasonable.

A 4GB Clip Zip (colour screen) sells for around €25 euro. Excluding P&P. (€8 approximately)

This trader in particular: mrtrevor1945

for ten euros more you could get a brand new one on Amazon. co.uk . I've had some bad experiences with refurbs personally. use parcel motel if seller doesn't deliver to Ireland

glasso wrote: »
    for ten euros more you could get a brand new one on Amazon. co.uk . I've had some bad experiences with refurbs personally. use parcel motel if seller doesn't deliver to Ireland

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002NX0MF0/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=network-media

works out about same price with free super saver delivery and is new.does post to ireland aswell. i think its only the selling partners that wont deliver those here. thanks for all the advice anyway guys,i think ill go with that one

here's the newer model with colour screen - the zip clip for £25.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-Player-microSD-Recorder-Stopwatch/dp/B00A0ZYNQW/ref=sr_1_10?s=network-media&ie=UTF8&qid=1361441811&sr=1-10

will have to use parcelmotel to get delivery on this one I imagine. very simple process. 2 free deliveries on sign-up.

glasso wrote: »
    here's the newer model with colour screen - the zip clip for £25.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-Player-microSD-Recorder-Stopwatch/dp/B00A0ZYNQW/ref=sr_1_10?s=network-media&ie=UTF8&qid=1361441811&sr=1-10

will have to use parcelmotel to get delivery on this one I imagine. very simple process. 2 free deliveries on sign-up.

clip zip is newer one?i know its a stupid question but worth goin for that model then over the clip+..its not worse than it or anythin? which sometimes happens with newer models of something...thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

clip zip is newer one?i know its a stupid question but worth goin for that model then over the clip+..its not worse than it or anythin? which sometimes happens with newer models of something...thanks

Have one myself & reckon it's better than the Clip+ though not dramatically so. Album art is supported & the sd card is flush with the player when inserted, whereas with the Clip+ it protudes a wee bit. No earth shattering differences in other words but definitely an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The Zip also has the same USB connector as mobile phone, for charging and transferring data. The Clip has the older connector.

Banjara wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. Have checked out Pixmania and it is there for €45, so that seems to be the way to go.

Am surprised at Amazon ......... have tried again and this is what I got: SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black cannot be shipped to the selected address.
    :(

You can use Parcel Motel to get around that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

BostonB wrote: »
    The Zip also has the same USB connector as mobile phone, for charging and transferring data. The Clip has the older connector.

Yeah, forgot about that, though that obviously depends on what type of phone you have. I find it very handy being able to use the same charger as my Nokia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Is this or the Clip Zip reliable? It looks like a good music player and gets good reviews but I've seen more than a few on Amazon saying their player crashed and died for good etc.

Is this or the Clip Zip reliable? It looks like a good music player and gets good reviews but I've seen more than a few on Amazon saying their player crashed and died for good etc.

i've had my clip+ for 3/4yrs, and it cost less than €50.

The main problem with the clip seems to be the headphone jack after a few years. I hadn't heard of it crashing and dying. Neither of ours have done that.

jus odered a clip+ there for 36 euro off amazon. if it dies after a year or two i wont cry anyway, cheap as chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

BostonB wrote: »
    The main problem with the clip seems to be the headphone jack after a few years. I hadn't heard of it crashing and dying. Neither of ours have done that.

My Ipod Classic headphone jack stopped functioning recently, only sound in one headphone now so I guess that problem isn't exclusive to cheaper players.

Cos of that jack issue I'm considering a Sandisk or Sony Walkman NWZ-B173F 4gb. Can get the Sony in PC World, the Sandisk has to be ordered online. The Sony doesn't have expandable memory right? That's a major plus of the Sandisk but am thinking Sony are a superior quality brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

Have my Clip+ for a couple of months now and its great. Thought the battery life wasn't great, so I rockboxed it (http://www.rockbox.org/) and found it definitely increased. When you get one make sure you pick North America for the sound. Nice and loud!

• Advertisement
Advertisement