Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband (Knocknacarra, Galway) Slow, Anyone Else?

• 05-12-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Was over in a mates house yesterday and he said his UPC broadband was crawling. Did a speedtest.net and for a 15Mb connection he was consistently getting about 1.5Mb over the space of a few hours.

For a laugh I've decided to do the same on my own connection (again UPC, same area), and I'm also getting about 1.6Mb on a 15Mb connection. I usually download at about 1.6MB's nevermind 1.6Mb.

What's up with that?. So is there anyone else in the area, Salthill, Rahoon, etc noticing this?

Clearly the 1s & 0s must be traveling at slower speeds in minus temperatures, so I'm thinking I'd be faster if I just packed a load of them in my car, dropped off some requests and picked up the responses at a data centre myself. mYa! That'll do pig! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

In Knocknacarra myself.

Been really slow all day, and has been hit and miss the last two/three days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 OxiMoron

Yep,
    My download speeds from sites like megavideo youtube etc have been appaling for about 2 weeks now. In Knocknacarra.
    maybe the cold?

Advertisement