Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things In C.O.D that should be in BF and vice versa

Options
  • 05-12-2010 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

For me battlefield is sorely missing a CTF mode, i remember back in the desert combat days ctf used to be great fun , massive chases around the map helos flying after a jeep mad stuff altogther if you play with friends ! :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Apart from CTF id like to see nothing from COD in BF, COD has become a joke since COD4 imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I have a bit of a gripe with COD knifing , i dunno how many times in COD a fella rounds the corner to me knife at the ready i pump a few rounds into his chest yet he still manages to knife me , its crazy stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

well id like to ave the cod knifen in battlefield atm BC2 knifen is pretty bad it seems too awkward for me.

But yea I agree in cod your better off hitn the knife button instead of spraying rounds into his chest the knife seems 2 win 95% of the time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Knives are a real issue in cod, like the 10 foot knife lunge etc, IMO rounds to the chest should knock someone back or at least stop them from running at you. Battlefield handles knives much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

ABE wrote: »
    well id like to ave the cod knifen in battlefield atm BC2 knifen is pretty bad it seems too awkward for me
    The Knife in battlefield is perfect. Its slow like it would be in real life as apposed to the 1 millisecond knife from 5 feet in COD. A few more different game modes in Battlefield would help and an extra class or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes BF needs nothing from COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

yes BF needs nothing from COD.
    not even a capture the flag mode !! you must of missed out on the desert combat days !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

It needs nothing from COD!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I agree, absolutely nothing from COD. At a push, the game could be sped up a little....then again this is prolly not a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I agree, absolutely nothing from COD. At a push, the game could be sped up a little....then again this is prolly not a good idea.

That's you're COD:BO (Boll0x Ology) brainwashing there!! BF does not need to be sped up at all, ts not meant to be a twitchy shooter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

Doesn't need anything, but what would be fun is a Theater mode. Also combat training(But only so I can learn how to fly helicopters, i tried to fly them 4 times, every time I crashed, so never again).

cypharius wrote: »
    Doesn't need anything, but what would be fun is a Theater mode. Also combat training(But only so I can learn how to fly helicopters, i tried to fly them 4 times, every time I crashed, so never again).

Don't let a little thing like crashing put you off, I remember I had a chopper full of guys and I landed it on a tank, Oh how I laughed!

Seriously though, I find that mouse sensitivity should be a bit higher for flying other wise you'll be dragging the mouse all over the table trying to pull out of a dive, lucky for me I play with a very high sensitivity. I also have a button on the mouse to increase the sensitivity on the fly.

Don't let a little thing like crashing put you off, I remember I had a chopper full of guys and I landed it on a tank, Oh how I laughed!

Seriously though, I find that mouse sensitivity should be a bit higher for flying other wise you'll be dragging the mouse all over the table trying to pull out of a dive, lucky for me I play with a very high sensitivity. I also have a button on the mouse to increase the sensitivity on the fly.

I play it on Console, maybe flying is easier on PC.

That's you're COD:BO (Boll0x Ology) brainwashing there!! BF does not need to be sped up at all, ts not meant to be a twitchy shooter.

LMFAO....dubs. Let me be the 1st to say there is nothing wrong with getting old, if you cannot get teh brain to work as fast as it used to it is fine. Accept it and move on....remember there is nothing as silent as the sound of your hair going GREY....GRANDAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

BF needs nothing from COD

However - would like the knifing to be a bit better - but not the knife a guy from 10m away sort though.

DemoniK wrote: »
    BF needs nothing from COD

However - would like the knifing to be a bit better - but not the knife a guy from 10m away sort though.

The knifing is perfect, knifing should be something you do when you sneak up on somebody, or as a last resort. The slow knifing is realistic IMO and speeding it up would ruin the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

cypharius wrote: »
    The knifing is perfect, knifing should be something you do when you sneak up on somebody, or as a last resort. The slow knifing is realistic IMO and speeding it up would ruin the game.

It's the last resort knifing that's the issue.
    As a last resort I'm not gonna be slow - it needs to be quicker - slash rather than stab.
    Anyway - lets just agree not to have the COD version :)

I NEVER knife in BFBC2 anymore....its just too unreliable IMHO. Before it was fine...but even if I sneak up on someone I still put a bullet to the temple...rather then try a slash and then get shot.....I FOOKIN HATE THAT.

I NEVER knife in BFBC2 anymore....its just too unreliable IMHO. Before it was fine...but even if I sneak up on someone I still put a bullet to the temple...rather then try a slash and then get shot.....I FOOKIN HATE THAT.

Really?? I knife loads. I've gotten tonnes of knife kills since I started playing again the last couple of weeks.

Loads of shiny new gold tags too :) (there's loads of goldies about these days, and rank 50 players).

TELL ME HOW THE FOOK YOU KNIFE FROM A TANK DUBS....LMFAO :p

• Advertisement

Actually, an absolute gem of a feature to draft over to BFBC2 is the "THEATRE MODE" so you can watch a round back. I had an "UBER" round the other night with Shooter I would love to watch again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

everything in bf should be in cod, there should be no cod, just more bf

Actually, an absolute gem of a feature to draft over to BFBC2 is the "THEATRE MODE" so you can watch a round back. I had an "UBER" round the other night with Shooter I would love to watch again :(

I have the screen shot, what was it? 79K-21D nice, I was actually sharing my connection with a mate and downloading L4D2 from steam so mine was a bit jittery so that's my excuse ^ ^

Lies, lies and more lies!

You still sore about that night at the BRIDGE :o you got ur revenge up in the mountains a few days later....remember? 5 sniper shots and did not even hit the guy!!! No wonder you found me :mad:

NOTE: YES THE ABOVE POST INDEED SOUNDS WELL DODGY.....LOL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You still sore about that night at the BRIDGE :o you got ur revenge up in the mountains a few days later....remember? 5 sniper shots and did not even hit the guy!!! No wonder you found me :mad:

NOTE: YES THE ABOVE POST INDEED SOUNDS WELL DODGY.....LOL

If you want, I'll split it off to a new thread in Personal Issues and you can discuss it in a more suitable venue.

LOOK...HE SAID HE LOVED ME...AND THE PROMISE OF A PIZZA SLICE....:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Game needs moar noobs like in COD. :)

Game needs moar noobs like in COD. :)

Speaking of that, the amount of rank 50 players these days is shocking. Every round you're guaranteed at least 1 or 2. Most rounds have 3 or 4 rank 50's.

These guys must never stop playing.

• Advertisement

Its not that much time played dubs.....If I did not take that break for the 3-4 mths I would easily be rank 50.

I would be more concerned with the skill of the guys, some of them are rubbish.

Advertisement