Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things In C.O.D that should be in BF and vice versa

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The only thing that COD has that BF doesn't is CTF. It would be fun to have that. There is nothing else that bf needs. Its a far far superior game to COD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

i'd like a theater mode as i think some kills i get in bf are epic (triple kill with 1 round from m40 in nam) plus in both games we clan up and its a great laugh when we get great kills on one another

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

They need to ditch the sluggish mouse look in BC2 and the view that appears to be somewhat "zoomed in", even after FOV changes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

seyeM wrote: »
    They need to ditch the sluggish mouse look in BC2 and the view that appears to be somewhat "zoomed in", even after FOV changes.

I dont have sluggish mouse input at all, its fine for me.

The only aspects of COD I'd put into BF are the lobby and matchmaking systems.

Too many games are white washes either way and you normally get thrown into a game replacing someone who leaves as a defender on Rush or a team pushed back to their base on Conquest.

Players seem to flock from teams taking a pounding and since you're always joining a current match your 90% of the time joining into a one sided game(on the losing side).
    Unless your lucky enough to join into a good game from the start you might have to sit through 1/2 full rounds of slaughtering.

If they just had lobbies from the start and COD's system of re-evening out teams(bar parties) after every round it would go a long way to making the game more enjoyable.

It's so hard to find an even game.... slightly less to find an easy game(win wise) and fairly easy to find a yourself on the end of a whitewash

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The only aspects of COD I'd put into BF are the lobby and matchmaking systems.

Too many games are white washes either way and you normally get thrown into a game replacing someone who leaves as a defender on Rush or a team pushed back to their base on Conquest.

Players seem to flock from teams taking a pounding and since you're always joining a current match your 90% of the time joining into a one sided game(on the losing side).
    Unless your lucky enough to join into a good game from the start you might have to sit through 1/2 full rounds of slaughtering.

If they just had lobbies from the start and COD's system of re-evening out teams(bar parties) after every round it would go a long way to making the game more enjoyable.

It's so hard to find an even game.... slightly less to find an easy game and fairly easy to find

Not an issue with dedicated servers on pc thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

garv123 wrote: »
    i'd like a theater mode as i think some kills i get in bf are epic (triple kill with 1 round from m40 in nam) plus in both games we clan up and its a great laugh when we get great kills on one another

That's the only thing I'd like to see.

Played BLOPS over xmas, it was good for a while but the incessant chatter of kids and the general arcade game feel bores me. Plus, there is no team play in COD, its every man for himself.

Came back to BF after 6 weeks and am absolutely loving it, much better game imo (imo only, please lets not have a COD is better than BF argument).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Keyzer wrote: »
    That's the only thing I'd like to see.

Played BLOPS over xmas, it was good for a while but the incessant chatter of kids and the general arcade game feel bores me. Plus, there is no team play in COD, its every man for himself.

Came back to BF after 6 weeks and am absolutely loving it, much better game imo (imo only, please lets not have a COD is better than BF argument).

black ops needs a more objective teamwork game style.

im the same as you returning to battlefield and im playing it alot and enjoying it more, not even nam just normal battlefield and the lads from the clan are back playing too so its fun dominating games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

garv123 wrote: »
    black ops needs a more objective teamwork game style.

im the same as you returning to battlefield and im playing it alot and enjoying it more, not even nam just normal battlefield and the lads from the clan are back playing too so its fun dominating games

there are some great COD servers out there if you look for them.
    One I play on (can't think of the name) bans noobtoobing, bunnyhopping and running.
    At walking pace the game changes completely and becomes a lot more tactical especially when you need to consider what perks you are using,,ninja basically becomes useless as well as marathon so hacker or tactical mark makes a huge difference...really had some enjoyable games on it.

I don't compare Battlefield v COD...they're two completely difference shooting games....
    Battlefield= large tactical squadplay while COD is more run and gun...
    I love both games but especially Battlefield 2.. none of the recent COD or Bad company games come anywhere even close to it.
    When I just feel like shooting **** up I go onto COD, when I fancy games with my clan I play Battlefield.

Advertisement