Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen extractor fan; over 5m ducting?

Options
  • 05-12-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What do I do if I have to duct steam (etc)away from a kitchen hob, over 5.5 metres to exterior wall plus a couple of 90 degree turns? Should I use a kitchen hob + another fan on the exterior (or near the end of the ducting), to try and shift the air? Should I just get a vast exterior fan? What should I do? Any help gratefully received!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

For what its worth, ive done something similar. Around 5 mts in length, but only one 90 bend, with just the kitchen fan to expel air. Works a treat, however it should be noted that the exit is on a wall that is sheltered (ie easy expel). Might be a dif story if your exit will get prevailing winds.

Keving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mattjh

keving wrote: »
    For what its worth, ive done something similar. Around 5 mts in length, but only one 90 bend, with just the kitchen fan to expel air. Works a treat, however it should be noted that the exit is on a wall that is sheltered (ie easy expel). Might be a dif story if your exit will get prevailing winds.

Keving
    Thanks for that. 'Just Fans' in Uk suggest an inline extractor. Am looking into that too since I think we have too many bends as well as the length to deal with. Good point about prevailing winds, hadn't thought about that! Thanks again

Advertisement