Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is multimedia like ?

• 05-12-2010 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

so guys i am asking what is multimedia like to do in CIT ?

I have been told i have to a portfolio and a interview for it

by the way i am 18 and already in CIT

So what is the best things to show in the portfolio ?

PS i never then art in my life and will i find multimedia hard because of this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

Its all about sex with strangers while stoned and feverent worshipping of all things Mac. Its worth it just for that. Don't worry about job potential either, in these bitter times all degrees are equally worthless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 samdod16

hows it going im in 2nd year of multimedia in CIT....
    with regard to the portfolio thing I did not have to submit a portfolio,nor did anyone else so im not sure about that...i heard a rumour that they are combining multimedia and design communications for next year so maybe it's that!
    it is very very tough and very time consuming!this semester was awful!
    it's a really broad course so u have to be good at loads of different things at once....what area exactly do u want to get in to?
    with regard to the art thing,if u mean drawing then yes it would be a major advantage to be able to draw for sketching for animations and drawing storyboards etc but I only draw stick men and it's grand!u dont get marked on illustrations!
    if i were to give you any advice I would say start saving for a Macbook (Pro) now if u haven't one already!It isn't a requirement of the course but I personally would highly recommend it....also become familiar with Adobe applications if you can...mainly Photoshop but also AfterEffects and Illustrator if you have not already!
    Media Communications is a really nice department,nice teachers and very helpful..you'd generally have a nice enough crowd of students in multimedia aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

That's good to know
    Still don't no why I need a portfolio but I need some help of what I have to put into it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 samdod16

get on to trevor hogan..(Trevor.Hogan@cit.ie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

You need a portfolio if you are trying to get into the course any other way than via the cao. If you're transferring or you're a mature student you need a portfolio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement