If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" TV Options?

Options
  • 05-12-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Hi there - I'm looking for a 32" TV.

It will be a present for my father and the most important thing (apart from the price) is that it should handle fast moving sports as best as possible.

I've seen the LG 32LD690 on your UK site.

This TV has 100hz refresh so that's the fast sport taken care of.
    Also, it's UK FreeView HD compatible so I think that means it is DVB T2\MPEG4 and will work with SaorView.

Am I correct with both of the above statements?
    Can you recommend any TVs between the €300-€400 price mark?

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi there - I'm looking for a 32" TV.

It will be a present for my father and the most important thing (apart from the price) is that it should handle fast moving sports as best as possible.

I've seen the LG 32LD690 on your UK site.

This TV has 100hz refresh so that's the fast sport taken care of.
    Also, it's UK FreeView HD compatible so I think that means it is DVB T2\MPEG4 and will work with SaorView.

Am I correct with both of the above statements?
    Can you recommend any TVs between the €300-€400 price mark?

Cheers.

Rampantbunny,

Correct on all counts - that 32LD690 is 100Hz MPEG4 (& Freeview HD for the UK)and will work with Saorview - and at £399.95 it's a complete steal: http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32ld690/lg-32ld690 - it's a beautiful TV - with our optional 5 year warranty this is just £439.90 in total!

We also have the excellent Philips 32PFL5405 which again is 100Hz and is a really cracking TV - especially with motion - this comes as standard with a 2 year warranty - it normally retails at €499.99 but I will PM you a really good Boardie price on this model which will make you smile....;)

See the spec here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5405h_05/32pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

We have both of these TV's available from stock so just drop me a line if you would like one reserved for you?

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.