If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 32pfl5604h/12 sound issue

Options
  • 05-12-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    I Have a Philips 32pfl5604h/12, which i've been very happy with for the last year, lately i've had problems with the sound from the tv's own speakers, when the tv is switched on first thing in the day - no problems, but if you switch it off and turn it back on again the sound disappears- all inputs affected skybox, philips blu ray and a hd recorder - if you leave the tv for an hour the sound may return, some times not but its generally there again next morning - I've checked all connections, checked all options on the tvs menu to no avail etc. Sound is perfect from headphone output. any ideas.????

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

TEFLONT wrote: »
    Hi,
    I Have a Philips 32pfl5604h/12, which i've been very happy with for the last year, lately i've had problems with the sound from the tv's own speakers, when the tv is switched on first thing in the day - no problems, but if you switch it off and turn it back on again the sound disappears- all inputs affected skybox, philips blu ray and a hd recorder - if you leave the tv for an hour the sound may return, some times not but its generally there again next morning - I've checked all connections, checked all options on the tvs menu to no avail etc. Sound is perfect from headphone output. any ideas.????

Teflont,

s t r a n g e problem and not one that I have seen before - my first port of call would be to update the firmware - it's easy to do:
    1. Press the 'Home' button on the remote control to access the home menu.
    2. Use the cursor button to select SETUP and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
    3. Press the cursor down to select SOFTWARE UPDATE and press the cursor right.
    4. Select CURRENT SOFTWARE INFO and press the 'OK' button to display the current software version on your TV set.

This is the latest version for the 32PFL5604 (release date 25th August 2010) - Q5431_0. 26.78.0, and strangely this is what it addresses - 'No sound from external devices through HDMI connection.'

You can access the firmware upgrade here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?tmplt=ePlatform%20-%20Philips&scy=GB&slg=ENG&sct=LCD_TV_SU&cat=TV_CA&grp=SOUND_AND_VISION_GR&session=20101206042335_83.70.118.32&ctn=32PFL5604H/12&list=aa12_list_partial.html&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software

I would suggest that you try that in the 1st instance - if it does not work pick up the phone and give us a call and bring the beast back to us (or your local retailer of course) and we will do our best to get you sorted,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TEFLONT

John,

Thanks for your quick reply, I forgot to mention in my earlier message that I had updateed the firmware to the latest version to no avail. it has me baffled to be honest. I'll get in contact once the weather thaws.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wsx

TEFLONT wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm from Sweden and I also have the exact same no audio from speaker problem with my Philips 32PFL5604h/12 LCD TV.

Have you found any solution to it yet. A firmware uppgrade did not help for me either and I'm starting to think this is some sort of overheating issue.

Would be nice to know from someone with connections within Philips if this is some sort of manufacturing error.

Because I dont think we are the only ones with this very strange no-audio-from-speaker-problem.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@wsx,

Hi and welcome to Boards.

The Richersounds forum is an Irish based commercial forum for people dealing with Richersounds (www.richersounds.ie) and The Philps Shop (www.philipsshop.ie). While you're very welcome on Boards, I think that you might get a better outcome to your issue of you approach either the retailer from whom you obtained the TV or approach Philips' Customer Support using Philips Website - they may have a version localised for Sweden.

I am closing t his thread as it is quite old.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.