Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best keeper of all time.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

efb wrote: »
    Then change the name of the thread to Best Keeper since 1992

A possible sly dig at me being Premier League/Champions League era centric?

I have pretty clearly said it should be the best keeper you witnessed in your life time, whatever that may be. Also the name of the thread is hardly anything to do with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

The poll isn't "keeper who has won most medals". That isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

But don't you think that if a goalkeeper had many medals, it is not a great indication of how good he is? Especially being the goalie is probably the most vital position.

Casillas was immense at Euro 2008 and at World Cup 2010. In WC10 he saved a penalty against Paraguay to keep Spain in, he stopped Robben 1 on 1 in the final. He was always solid, which instilled confidence in the defence. In Euro 2008 he got Spain through againt Italy in penalties, was always a rock there aswell.

It amazes me how some keepers are on that list while Casillas isn't! I think with a lot of people Buffon is considered "the best" because of the transfer fee. When Milan played Juve in the CL 02/03 he lost out on penalties, plus having a solid italian defence in front of you helps your reputation as a solid keeper. Pat Jennins being another example of a keeper who isn't ahead of Casillas IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Jorge Campos. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Bruce Grobbelaar
    /thread.

Advertisement