Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election Candidates - in the County

Options
  • 05-12-2010 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Even as a FF supporter, I really can't see them getting a seat, I certainly won't be voting for someone like Kenneally or Wilkinson

FG should be looking at 2 seats absolute minimum, with 1 for Labour, and 1 for an independent / smaller party imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Paudie Coffey could get a junior ministerial role, especially if fg got an overall majority, which I sincerely hope they don't.

Deasy should be looking at next minister for justice, but at times it is difficult to see whether him or enda is the bigger clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭MoodRacer

Paudie Coffey could get a junior ministerial role, especially if fg got an overall majority, which I sincerely hope they don't.

Deasy should be looking at next minister for justice, but at times it is difficult to see whether him or enda is the bigger clown.

You`re dillusional pal....How in gods name will Coffee get a junior ministry with 30+ other deputies waiting there before him? He will be considered an apprentice and will get nothing until he serves his time. He hasn`t exactly set the Sente on fire either.

Deasy would be a good minister for Justice, but that aint gonna happen while enda is still at the helm.

The division in the party is wider than the grand canyon and these guys are at opposite sides.

Therefore no ministry for Waterford this time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This seems to be heading in the same direction as the other thread in the city. A general election and its candidates cover both city and county so splitting the discussion out over the county/city seems a bit crazy...

You guys might get a better chat in the other thread.

As for a split -- seems a lot of those in the split are now working together and have put it aside. Feeling bitter, perhaps. But moving on, at least in the working sense, should be.

Who knows about a future minister for Waterford? Its never set in stone regardless of party and the candidate. One would hope Coffey might be either in this term, or a future one. Surely the Labour candidate would be a hot favourite, after having previous ministerial experience?

• Advertisement
Advertisement