Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application question...

Options
  • 05-12-2010 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

I've applied for a job which I'm well qualified to do. Before I sent my CV, I spoke to the recruiter about the position and detailed my experience. He seemed very enthusiastic, and asked me to send in my CV which I did. I was also sent a job spec. Some of the positions apparently will be filled in the next couple of weeks, the others in the NY.

This was on Wednesday. I called on Friday, leaving a message, to which there was no reply.

I think I'll call again first thing tomorrow, and if there's still no response, then I'll leave it. I also know that although he's received the CV, he's yet to read it.

Does this seem like a good idea? It's just that I'm getting a bit pissed off with the rigmarole of recruiters giving me the large, then completely ignoring me...:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Recruiters generally act really nice toward jobseekers and fill them with confidence.

But you're not really their client, and you're not the only person looking for a placement. There are others just as eager as you.

I visited a recruitment agency on Tuesday and he said he'd email my previous boss and get back to me. On Friday he phoned me and asked "is your references name spelled Wood or Woods. Woods? That's great, I'm just emailing her now". Err.. 3 days later?

Best thing you can do is register with a few different agencies, and call them frequently so you don't fall off their radar. But try not to rub anyone up the wrong way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I've applied for a job which I'm well qualified to do. Before I sent my CV, I spoke to the recruiter about the position and detailed my experience. He seemed very enthusiastic, and asked me to send in my CV which I did. I was also sent a job spec. Some of the positions apparently will be filled in the next couple of weeks, the others in the NY.

This was on Wednesday. I called on Friday, leaving a message, to which there was no reply.

I think I'll call again first thing tomorrow, and if there's still no response, then I'll leave it. I also know that although he's received the CV, he's yet to read it.

Does this seem like a good idea? It's just that I'm getting a bit pissed off with the rigmarole of recruiters giving me the large, then completely ignoring me...:mad:

He has your CV now so he's happy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I called again this morning. Straight to voicemail :mad::mad::mad:

I'll just leave it now. I try not to be cynical about the whole process, but I thought I knew better by now...

Ah well - back to breaking rocks!:)

Advertisement