Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid place to leave my bike!! *Bangs head on wall*!!

• 06-12-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Stupidly i left my bike parked out the front of my house, not realising the snow/ice still hasnt fallen off te roof yet.

I heard the massive rumble a few minutes ago and got that sinking feeling..
    Fly screen smashed to pieces, speedo and rev counter also smashed up pretty bad! Well god damn!! :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

goodlad wrote: »
    Stupidly i left my bike parked out the front of my house, not realising the snow/ice still hasnt fallen off te roof yet.

Fly screen smashed to pieces, speedo and rev counter also smashed up pretty bad! Well god damn!! :mad::mad:

try your house insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

nightster1 wrote: »
    try your house insurance

House insurance won't cover it, they won't cover motor vehicles.
    Only way out is if they have fully comp on the bike and then it'll properly cost about the excess to get fixed.

Hard luck.
    But if you need a new speedo you'll have a new bike;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

nightster1 wrote: »
    try your house insurance

The snow fell off the house, so they should cover the cost of damage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

That sucks! sorry man :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

my bike is at home, more a less in the same location under my roof - i've no way of moving it until 6pm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Same issue here. Thank for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I got a price today to replace the mirror and get a new black aftermarket screen. About 80 for the screen and 60 for the mirror.

I didnt bother looking getting a speedo yet since the glass on it just has a crack down it, it might still work fine though.

I had thought about moving the bike a few days ago but it was pretty much impossible, there was a few inches of ice surrounding it.

Lesson learned for next year anyways :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Sorry to hear.

Out of interest, whats the bike OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Bandit 600 , faired version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Bandit 600 , faired version.

Same bike as meself!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Your house insurance should cover it - I know where a porch fell off and landed on the bonnet of a car, and the house insurance covered it.

Mind you, your excess might be more than the price of the repair......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement