Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a thermometer?

Options
  • 06-12-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Where would I be able to buy a good thermometer? Or basic all round weather monitor thingy? I'm not like some of you brainiacs on here! I'm more on the dumbass end of the scale, I just have a casual interest in it so nothing too fancy shmancy. Anybody know? Thanks ;) Oh and price??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I got one of these in Maplin last week.
    n78gb.jpg

Not bad for €7. I'm not too sure of its accuracy though...:o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

bit more than a basic weather station, but it's not bad.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223254

See post in the main weather thread for a few comments, I have modified mine a bit to make it easier to support, and more reliable.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Lidl have a weather station for €30

has an outdoor sensor and base unit

Not sure how good it is yet as I'm not allowed to play with it until Xmas day.

Aldi Weather Station.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Lidl have a weather station for €30

has an outdoor sensor and base unit

Not sure how good it is yet as I'm not allowed to play with it until Xmas day.

Aldi Weather Station.jpg

I presume ya mean aldi going by the pic title. Is it on sale now or a previous offer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

See post in the main weather thread for a few comments, I have modified mine a bit to make it easier to support, and more reliable. Steve

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

davehey79 wrote: »
    I presume ya mean aldi going by the pic title. Is it on sale now or a previous offer

Yep sorry Aldi, bought mine about a week ago, but they may still have some left as they were in the plastic lockboxes that Aldi have and usually those things hang about for a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

dealextreme.com is great for stuff like this. I bought two of their digital thermos last year, that have an external probe, internal sensor, C/F, max/min. They seem to be well calibrated and the accuracy appears to be spot on.
    Paid $16 and free P&P...might be waiting a while for delivery though.

[edit]

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2721

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

I just bought this and an extra sensor, as a present for my dad, as a retired farmer he is always interested in weather and the current temperature so thought it would be a good one, I have one actually two of the clocks that I like so hopefully it will work well. I know this is cheaper and recommended but I think the orange colour ruins it so I passed on it. Hopefully I won't regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

With outdoor temperature sensors do you need to cover them in some way? I notice the Oregon site suggests mounting it in the eve of a house which will naturally throw off the reading with the heat stored in the brick. Was hoping to mount it on a garden fence post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

gbee wrote: »
    Where?

Sorry, things moved faster than I expected, it's a way back now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69403891&postcount=235

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement