Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does any pub or off licence in cork city have this beer

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You should find Aventinus in the Bierhaus or Abbot's.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Yep Abbots Ale House on Devonshire st should have it. Both a pub and an off-licence so it'll cover both for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Hate the way they've rebranded. I'd skip over this on the shelf cos I'd be looking for the purple label. Literally just poured my last bottle from the case I bought last xmas :(
    Gorgeous beer. Hope they've not changed it, there's been questions of the new packaging also having different taste, at least in the "Normal" Schneider Weiss

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭boardsy

kenmc wrote: »
    I'd skip over this on the shelf cos I'd be looking for the purple label.
    I was just about to say that I didn't think the Abbot's Ale House had it for a while, but it could be that I've missed it for that reason. Aventinus Eisbock (can be almost too much) still looks like it used to though:
    brauerei.spezialitaeten.eisbock.produkt.01.jpg
    :rolleyes: Is it that simple to freeze beer and remove some ice-water to concentrate strength & flavour I wonder - might be worth a try with other beers...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

boardsy wrote: »
    I was just about to say that I didn't think the Abbot's Ale House had it for a while, but it could be that I've missed it for that reason. Aventinus Eisbock (can be almost too much) still looks like it used to though:
    brauerei.spezialitaeten.eisbock.produkt.01.jpg
    :rolleyes: Is it that simple to freeze beer and remove some ice-water to concentrate strength & flavour I wonder - might be worth a try with other beers...
    Bottle sometimes breaks, happened a few times when I left beer in the freezer and forgot about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭boardsy

Yeah, it would, as the ice expands; you'd have to open/remove it first to a plastic container, then after it freezes remove some of the ice, then allow it to warm up a little, pour, stir gently & enjoy! Well, it works for Aventinus :rolleyes:

boardsy wrote: »
    might be worth a try with other beers
    Though it counts as distilling and is illegal without a licence. Just saying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

BeerNut wrote: »
    Though it counts as distilling and is illegal without a licence. Just saying...

We used to distill alcohol in school for science experiments. I should have ratted on Ms. Murphy

Does the law actually specify freezing ?

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Does the law actually specify freezing ?
    No, I don't think the law touches on the mechanics of distilling at all.

Advertisement