Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees in Dublin

Options
  • 06-12-2010 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Has anybody bought their tree yet in Dublin City Centre? We're living in Dublin 2 and don't have a car so looking for recommendations for any good local tree sellers.

Prefer to buy it in aid of some sort of good cause too...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

i know that Fresh supermarket on grand canal dock have small trees for €20. They're only about 3-4 ft. high, not so sure about the good cause though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I live in D8 and bought an 'apartment tree' from irishchristmastrees.com

Now, it's tiny, at about 4ft but they delivered! They deliver to D2 as well.

They're prob dearer than average but because they deliver i went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TunaSaladBB

Cheers, might check out Fresh, I'm living just off Grand Canal Street so that'd be handy. I had thought about delivery but they never work out for me cos I never seem to be at home when they call!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Does anyone know where to get a reasonably priced 6ft real tree? I thought they'd only be around €50, but looked at these guys in Milltown and its €125 for 5-6ft! :eek:

I know that includes delivery etc, but I can pick up myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

faigs wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to get a reasonably priced 6ft real tree? I thought they'd only be around €50, but looked at these guys in Milltown and its €125 for 5-6ft! :eek:

I'm looking for a reasonable one too - those prices are MENTAL!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭VinDevo

If you are around Dublin 8/6/6w/12 you do worse than buy a christmas tree from Kevins Hurling - they're selling 6-8ft trees from €40 from a shop beside Rosie O'Gradies, on the Harolds Cross Rd. And they will deliver

and this is an unashamed plug as I have a connection with the club

www.kevins.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭muireann50

Hey VinDevo, i live in Harolds X so that would be perfect but do you know if they do smaller trees? And how much if they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭VinDevo

Hey VinDevo, i live in Harolds X so that would be perfect but do you know if they do smaller trees? And how much if they do?

not sure what they have as I haven't been up there yet - will buy the tree this weekend - give the lads a call, number on the website - if they haven't the tree you want I'm sure they'll make it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

• Registered Users Posts: 16 owenc1980

There are Christmas Trees for sale at a small depot in Rathmines. Its beside a football pitch at the back of Aldi.

Small - €35
    Big - €55/65

Stand - €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

owenc1980 wrote: »
    There are Christmas Trees for sale at a small depot in Rathmines. Its beside a football pitch at the back of Aldi.

Small - €35
    Big - €55/65

Stand - €10

In the Leinster Cricket Ground?

Could be, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

Just to say we got a great Christmas tree yesterday in the flower shop on Vernon Avenue. All trees €40 including local delivery, plus a €8 stand. There's no extra charge for height - and they have bushy trees as well if that's your thing!

Had checked out guy selling trees at Supervalu Killester and he's still living in the Celtic Tiger... starting at €50... up to €75 and no negotiation. Nolans charging €50 for fairly small ones - but fair play to them one price for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

owenc1980 wrote: »

Small - €35
    Big - €55/65

Stand - €10

It's the Leinster Cricket Club annual Christmas tree sale in the club car park.

I bought a great 4ft Christmas Tree from the famers market in Ranelagh yesterday. It cost €30, which included the stand. Thats great value. They have larger tree's also, but I dont know how much they cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

went up to Glencullen and got ours this morning. lovely tree. nice experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kirr

Do you know where I can get live Christmas Tree in City center, or close to the center on the north side?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

want to get a tree this weekend, am northside, drumcondra/whitehall, any suggestions?!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amandausa

there is a stall at the christmas fair in kilmainham -- 6 foot tree is 55 euro - they also sell stands and deliver, good quality trees

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

I know it's a bit late but in case it helps someone else :) There are trees northside on Shantalla Rd in Beaumont, Barry's Fruit and Veg shop, we got our 6ft for 45euro. There are also some in Beaumont Drive In and in Omni shopping centre, and Ikea, but no idea of their prices sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Leinster Cricket Club in Rathmines started their Christmas tree sale last weekend. It will be on again this weekend from Thursday to Sundayy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ranelaghwoman

faigs wrote: »

Just back from Milltown and they were looking for 140 euro not including delivery!!! for a 12ft tree they can keep the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone in the city looking for a tree give Karen a buzz on this site :

http://www.irishxmastrees.com/

Highly recommended by friends who bought from her....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

trees half price today in Homebase, Nutgrove/Rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rushmucker

Jones garden centre Donabate trees from 45 euro 6 ft nice trees got one yesterday they have a chainsaw and fit your stand.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

anyone know where i can buy a christmas tree in or close to drumcondra. id like a tree about 6ft tall, and cost no more than 40euro

Advertisement