Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nicki Minaj Pink Friday

• 06-12-2010 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Really surprised by how good this album is,cant fault her at all.
    obviously shes a female rapper so the song content is gonna sound weird when were used to the usual macho male rapper stuff were used to.
    anyone else agree about the album?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

il give it a listen this weekend havnt really got a chance to be honest i find it hard to listen to female rappers unless their featured on a males song (i hope theirs no women here:D) if i do find myself listening to female rappers its mostly because of the music video.

the only female rapper's music i actually liked was missy elliot and i also think she's been a bit overlooked in the whole kim vs niki vs foxy with all them claiming to be the queen.

back to the topic il give it a full on listen the weekend iv only heard a few songs of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think most people probably think Missy Elliot in her heyday was better than those other female rappers. You can see it's influenced Minaj as well she's incorporating her weirdness.

Haven't listened to this yet. I'm sure it's grand. She's getting a bit of a critical drumming from the hip hop blogs/mags for going RNB on a lot of the songs but sure radio wouldn't playlist the rap songs on the record so what was she supposed to do?

Advertisement