Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Course in Cork

Options
  • 06-12-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good web design course that I could attend in Cork City?
    I have a few ideas for sites and need a push in the right direction!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Don't bother. Get your ass into Waterstones, and buy one of the Sans Net 'Teach yourself x in 24 hours' books. I did that with HTML years ago, and I've yet to forget anything I read in it. They've ones for HTML, PHP, MySql, even working with the common design packages. Much cheaper than a course, and usually better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Don't bother. Get your ass into Waterstones, and buy one of the Sans Net 'Teach yourself x in 24 hours' books. I did that with HTML years ago, and I've yet to forget anything I read in it. They've ones for HTML, PHP, MySql, even working with the common design packages. Much cheaper than a course, and usually better too.

I'll second this, and I have been working professionally as a web developer for 10 years.

I don't put too much weight in the SAMS books though, they are pretty poor in my opinion. I am a big fan of the sitepoint[/php] books. I would suggest something like Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS.

In my experience, web design courses tend to teach out dated and poor design techniques using out of date and impracticable technologies.

Advertisement