Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

offroad for shooting

• 06-12-2010 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

whats the best jeep to get you around in the snow or off roading im taking a liken to it ..

please let me no and people who do it thanks..

sorry john was wondering best offroad for to get to wicklow wher my shooting is..

p.s and not for poaching befor any1 starts to think in the wrong..

there is enuf about poaching over there at the min i dont want you to think in the wrong lads..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭ferrete

defender all the way even look the part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

Defender or a Toyota Hilux. Just make sure if you get a hilux that it wasnt burning marked fuel as injectors are over €500 each. Both animals and can take some abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Dahaitsu Fourtrek is meant to be a world beater in many terrains:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Thread moved to 4x4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

pajero with that massive sunroof:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Depends on how much money you want to spend. As said above, old Fourtracks and Hiluxes are pretty indestructible. I wouldn't go for a Land Rover unless you want to spend at least €2500 otherwise it will be a real heap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

suzuki jimny reliable,small money to buy, car tax, easy to insure, cheap to run,seats in the back. Put decent tyres on it and your good to go.
    may not be as cool as a defender but it will do the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭broro22

triskell wrote: »
    suzuki jimny reliable,small money to buy, car tax, easy to insure, cheap to run,seats in the back. Put decent tyres on it and your good to go.
    may not be as cool as a defender but it will do the job

you wouldn't get to many deer carcasses in the back of jimny :p but apart from that it would be grand

Advertisement