Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morgan spiced rum

Options
  • 06-12-2010 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know where to get Morgan's spiced rum, in Dublin? I don't mean captain Morgan's, or are they the same thing? Remember it tasting different when the label was different.
    Tagged:

Comments

Same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Same thing but different brands. Morgans Spiced Rum is like a cheaper version of Capt Morgans. A bit like Coke and Pepsi, same but different!

cap-morgans-spiced.jpg

Morgans-Spiced.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

They're the same, but my local Tesco Extra usually does Morgan's Spiced too. I don't know about any other Tescos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Actually did a bit more digging and it turns out the same company owns the two, so theyre probably the same stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i always thought they were the same thing, but different labels for differnt markets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It's the exact same stuff, just slowly being rebranded from Morgan's Spiced to Captain Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

actually, they taste different. I much prefer Morgan's Spiced over Captain's...
    And it' seems Captain's is mainly all you can get in the Republic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Same stuff, made of the same ingredients, made by the same people, made in the same factory.

The name difference is purely a branding thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I feckin love a Captain-n-coke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

It's a score in Lidle

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Tesco are doing bottles of Captain Morgan's Spiced rum for €17. Sweet.

Advertisement