Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work in US

Options
  • 06-12-2010 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I am currently in college and have the option of going on the j1 next summer, i was offered an internship and am thinking of taking that, tho i was there in march and got the bug and wanna move there, i also played in a band and am thinkin about trying goin down the artist visa route tho am not sure how to go about that, if, by chance the internship worked out really well, what would be the chances of getting to stay or is there any other possible way of trying to obtain a working visa for the states

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Artists visas are difficult to get unless you are reasonably well known, or hired by a major company (broadway theatre etc).

If the internship works out well, the company you worked for might sponsor you for a H1B working visa once your degree is done (usually you need a Masters though). If during the J1, you get a US girlfriend, you could marry and stay over there.

Advertisement