Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow driver got a lesson (russian style)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Oh...wouldn't you f...ing love to?
    (About 10 times a day on the M1/M50)
    MOVE OVER!!!!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bumpstop

This is whats wrong with the world, My progress is more important than anything, and beware anyone who holds me up, even if I put them in the ditch. I'll show them.

FFS, I hope we never see anything like this over here. Disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

You drive in the overtaking lane....don't you?

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Great, another thread with people filled with rage, about getting nowhere important 2 mins earlier. Pretty much tried to kill those other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

Would that be grounds for attempted murder I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Just watching it there and I'm left wondering - does the white car accelerate when the LandCruiser pulls out to overtake it, thus setting things in motion? The Cruiser got passed the camera car fairly easily, but seems to take a good while to get past the white car. You can also hear the camera car accelerating even though its not gaining much ground on the white car.

And given that they're now going faster the white car doesn't react at all in time when the Cruiser hits the brakes in front of it.

Possible senario? White car doesn't appreciate how close the Cruiser is behind him, accelerates when Cruiser pulls out to overtake as a means of showing how unappreciated it was, Cruiser hits the brakes to scare them, but they're too damn slow to react so have to swerve to avoid.

Cars accelerating when being overtaken is something I see regularly over here, so not that much of a stretch of the imagination to think it might happen in other countries too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Top Dog wrote: »
    Just watching it there and I'm left wondering - does the white car accelerate when the LandCruiser pulls out to overtake it, thus setting things in motion? The Cruiser got passed the camera car fairly easily, but seems to take a good while to get past the white car. You can also hear the camera car accelerating even though its not gaining much ground on the white car.

And given that they're now going faster the white car doesn't react at all in time when the Cruiser hits the brakes in front of it.

Possible senario? White car doesn't appreciate how close the Cruiser is behind him, accelerates when Cruiser pulls out to overtake as a means of showing how unappreciated it was, Cruiser hits the brakes to scare them, but they're too damn slow to react so have to swerve to avoid.

Cars accelerating when being overtaken is something I see regularly over here, so not that much of a stretch of the imagination to think it might happen in other countries too.

Happened to me as well.. I don't understand these people. Ah well, they deserved an "outbreaking" :mad:

The land cruiser overtakes in the path of articulated truck to get behind the white car, But it does look like the white car accelerates as the cruiser overtakes. As you say I've seen this in Ireland a fair bit too. Very dangerous. Its as bad as brake testing. Bad reactions is one thing, but no one expects someone to pull in front of you and hit the brakes hard like that. Its intentionally going to cause an accident, and very likely death. The camera car has to brake too, so they didn't just touch the brakes, they braked hard.

I think it was in the US someone did this, and someone was killed. The driver doing the brake testing had been observed by a number of other drivers, driving aggressively, and was done for it. I forget the charge. But I think it was serious like attempted murder or something. So when you saying people deserve this, consider, you could end up killing them, and perhaps innocent parties, as the car goes all over. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Seems clear to me that the car in front accelerates hard when the Land Cruiser was overtaking (after previously driving slowly). So both drivers are assholes in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Well. I broke me hole laughing at that. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

That's how I saw it too

Something similar happened to me a few years ago, I was driving along and went to overtake a Saab on an N road and when I got side by side he accelerated. Thankfully I was driving a TDI so I had the torque of a jumbo jet so I was able to get by him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

MarkoC wrote: »

That's f*cking retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

What happens in a dispute sometimes in Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

ah the ol'gun trick

(bet its a fake)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GaryMunster

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Well. I broke me hole laughing at that. :D:D
    I did 2:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

BostonB wrote: »
    Great, another thread with people filled with rage, about getting nowhere important 2 mins earlier. Pretty much tried to kill those other people.
    Again, another of the top 10 drivers in the world in one of the worlds best vehicles feels he is unable to perform basic overtaking manouevers without loosing the rag. Seriously, if you can't drive stay of the road.
    What a clown, he should still be in kindergarten. Hopefully he ate his steering wheel later.

BTW I know someone who got done for braking after overtaking and causing a crash, hitting from the rear is no garuntee the guy in front is not liable.

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

ah the ol'gun trick

(bet its a fake)
    you mean the vid or gun? Looks like a very likely vid and guns are fairly easily had there too.

you mean the vid or gun? Looks like a very likely vid and guns are fairly easily had there too.

the gun, just being sarcastic:)

although it could be a fake gun, replicas are easy to come by esp on the net......must get one..a quick and easy way to end a road rage dispute;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

the gun, just being sarcastic:)

although it could be a fake gun, replicas are easy to come by esp on the net......must get one..a quick and easy way to end a road rage dispute;)

Quick and easy way to find yourself surrounded by the ERU too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

In Soviet Russia, car drives you!

But seriously - not nice at all. I hope the troglodyte driving the LC was traced and prosecuted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

looks like the overtaking jeep flicked on reversing lights for a second, just before the small car swerved into ditch?

phill106 wrote: »
    looks like the overtaking jeep flicked on reversing lights for a second, just before the small car swerved into ditch?

If you notice the camera car also dips, and slows, and the gap to the jeep decreases rapidly. SO IMO it looks like hard braking to me. The gap also seems to decrease between the white car and the jeep but its harder to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

This actually happened to me in Ireland, coming out of Mahon Point.

Guy drove into the box and got stuck behind a jam of cars, couldn't reverse back as I was sitting at the lights nowhere for me to reverse back to allow him space.

So I took off, about a km down the Dual Carriage way, this lunatic flies up the overtaking lane doing well over 120, pulled into the left lane in front of me and jams on his brakes, so much so his car was dipping forward, I checked my blind spot, pulled out and overtook him then the car that was behind me barely manages to avoid hitting him.

He then speeds up, overtakes and tries the same thing again, eventually he sticks his hand out the window and gives the finger, rang traffic watch and reported him, didnt hear anything about it afterward.

Keith, another case of a little child unable to drive correctly, and trying to overcome his lack of either social or automotive skill by trying to kill someone. A right psychopath.
    I had a guy trying to run me off the road a few times.
    He was in traffic between 2 lorries and almost swerved in front of me as I went by in another (outside) lane. He seemed to blame me for his low IQ and flashed me when he did pull out, he then tore up and undertook me and started trying to ram his car into mine. If the wife wasn't in the car going crazy I would have let him hit me then choked him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

.must get one..a quick and easy way to end a road rage dispute;)

If you pull a replica on someone who has a real one, that may just be the last thing you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

I looks like the car break tests the Cruiser 2 or 3 times before it overtakes too. You can see the break lights come on a few times and then he goes to overtake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I looks like the car break tests the Cruiser 2 or 3 times before it overtakes too. You can see the break lights come on a few times and then he goes to overtake.

I can't see the white car's brake lights come on at all. Are you sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

You can see clearly that Lada driver accelerates while being overtaken.
    They are both idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

• Advertisement

Had a similar experience in town. Trying to pull into a left lane for ages, no one would let me in. See a gap start to pull across, and the guy (in a 4x4) leaving the gap, sees me and races to close gap, as he does, I slow, he goes past, and I pull into the gap behind him. Obviously I'm looking in the mirror/behind to make sure there is a gap to the following car, when the 4x4 driver in front, sees this, stands on the brakes, thinking I won't be watching. But I see him and brake no problem, if a bit hard. But I couldn't get over the sheer evil mindedness to do that.

Are you sure. I didn't see that at all. I'll have to re-watch that later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Only the cruiser (?) lights come on - he's driving too close to the car in front. I see it all the time. People need to relax, back off a little. Nothing the other car does can justify the asshat in the bigger car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

It looks like the white car was already accelerating before the landcruiser overtook it. As the LC didn't indicate his intention to overtake (btw, driving up really close behind someone just indicates you're a scumbag, not that you want to overtake), the white car had feck all time to speed up to match his overtaking.

I'm assuming all the positive reactions here are tounge-in-cheek. Running someone off the road is applauded? Maybe in AH....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

THat's certainly brightened up a ****ty Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

Sh!t like this really bothers me!!

But not half as much as the people that find it funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭MarkoC

hairyman wrote: »
    Sh!t like this really bothers me!!

But not half as much as the people that find it funny.
    Sry i found it funny as Lada driver played a total muppet and got what he deserved. Pure karma :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Sry i found it funny as Lada driver played a total muppet and got what he deserved. Pure karma :D

Got what he deserved? Getting run off the road is a fairly harsh punishment for the crime of driving slower than someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Crackle wrote: »
    Got what he deserved? Getting run off the road is a fairly harsh punishment for the crime of driving slower than someone else.

He accelerated as he was being overtaken. This is insanely stupid. If there was an artic coming around the corner, the land cruiser driver wouldn't have been able to pull in in time, and could have been killed in a head on collision.

That lada driver is a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

How did the Lada driver 'get what he deserved'.

He was the one in front, he was driving at his own pace, when some arsehole in the LC comes up behind, has to hit the brakes quite a few times. The Lada does increase his speed, but I believe he does it before the overtake, which wasn't even indicated by the LC beforehand.

I think Lada driver was actually caving to the bullying tactics of the LC and speeding up, and arsehole responds by brake testing him.

What the **** is wrong with some of the posters in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Hmm.... What is the white car? Might be interested in picking one of them up - looks like they handle fairly well, afterall most cars would be doing very well to get out of the way that quickly. Pity about the hill though!

The car clearly does accelerate, reasonable acceleration to be able to cause the jeep that much trouble getting by.

Overall a good road test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

He accelerated as he was being overtaken. This is insanely stupid. If there was an artic coming around the corner, the land cruiser driver wouldn't have been able to pull in in time, and could have been killed in a head on collision.

That lada driver is a moron.

An insanely dangerous thing to do. And it's fairly common on Irish roads too. I nearly died in a passanger seat a few years back when a woman thought it a good idea to accelerate when my friend tried to overtake her. We nearly had a head on with a lorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

BTW I know someone who got done for braking after overtaking and causing a crash, hitting from the rear is no garuntee the guy in front is not liable.

yes it is, liability is a civil matter

its no guarantee you wont get prosecuted though, dangerous driving is a legal matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

the jeep driver is clearly an angry angry man and almost gets himself killed right at the start by the lorry

the lada driver is still a clown, not saying he deserved to be run of the road but if you accelerate while being overtaken then be prepared for the consequences

however even if someone does accelerate while you are overtaking them there is no reason to get in an accident. if you are that close to being killed while overtaking its still your fault imo

PeakOutput wrote: »
    yes it is, liability is a civil matter

its no guarantee you wont get prosecuted though, dangerous driving is a legal matter
    You can always get away with that by saying there was a coat, rabbit or whatever on the road. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

PeakOutput wrote: »
    the jeep driver is clearly an angry angry man and almost gets himself killed right at the start by the lorry

the lada driver is still a clown, not saying he deserved to be run of the road but if you accelerate while being overtaken then be prepared for the consequences

however even if someone does accelerate while you are overtaking them there is no reason to get in an accident. if you are that close to being killed while overtaking its still your fault imo

True. If you are overtaking and the other car accelerates enough to make it difficult/dangerous you have the option of falling back in behind them. TBH I am surprised the Lada would have the grunt to trouble an overtaking car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Odd that posters here find such homicidal driving amusing, and the "just deserts" angle is just sinister.

The thread title makes a basic assumption: a "slow driver" is taught a lesson.

What is the definition of "slow" in this specific situation, given that there is no information regarding the speed of the "slow" driver relative to the posted speed limit on this particular stretch of road. Or at least no indication that I could see.

Russia has a very poor road safety record: over 10,000 people died on Russian roads in 2008 - Europe's highest toll.

Hardly surprising therefore if both drivers in the video were competing to be the biggest durak.

You can always get away with that by saying there was a coat, rabbit or whatever on the road. ;)

In the US case I saw reported before, (but can't find now) the driver claimed something like that, but there were witness'es who gave statements about his aggressive driving previously so it wasn't believed.

Iwannahurl wrote: »

The thread title makes a basic assumption: a "slow driver" is taught a lesson.

What is the definition of "slow" in this specific situation, given that there is no information regarding the speed of the "slow" driver relative to the posted speed limit on this particular stretch of road. Or at least no indication that I could see.
    Sry, i thought people have theyr own eyes so i dont have to post longer title.
    Lada driver was slow at early stage, became a muppet when LC tried to take over him, finally got the lesson. Also i mentioned "russian style" that should explain all :D I also said i like this, was it video or situation itself, i didnt mention that. Looks like its very common here to jump on the OP-s whatever they post. Id say heres more rage and wickedness in this forum than in this video.
    Judge the video not the OP !
    If everybody were sheep like some posters would like us to be, the world would be a very boring and sad place :D

fake gun, replicas are easy to come by esp on the net......must get one..a quick and easy way to end a road rage dispute;)
    daRobot wrote: »
    If you pull a replica on someone who has a real one, that may just be the last thing you do.

well ya, but the chances of that happening in Ireland are slim

.......outside of Dublin that is

outside of Dublin and ..Limerick.......

......oh yes nearly forgot... and Belfast:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I was in Moscow recently and saw a fair bit of insane driving like this.

LC Amazons, ML63s and Porsche Cayennes seem to be the weapons of choice for the well-off over there.

I was walking down Tverskoy Boulevard and saw an ML63, Murcielago and 911 speeding down the wrong side of the road doing at least 100mph.

Another evening I was walking back home, having over indulged a little on the Russian Standard, and was nearly ploughed out of it by some lad in an LC similar to the one in the video, who then continued driving (along the footpath) like nothing happened :confused:

Jesus if the Lada had hit the back of the LC it would have melted, the LC would have had a scratch on the bumper at worst.

I admit that I lol'd though :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement