Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow driver got a lesson (russian style)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

-Chris- wrote: »
    I can't see the white car's brake lights come on at all. Are you sure?

You're right. They dont seem to come on at all. Even when hes heading for the ditch. But the LCs come on a few times before it overtakes. Maybe because hes getting to close, maybe not.

Certainly some shenanigans anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

MarkoC wrote: »
    Sry, i thought people have theyr own eyes so i dont have to post longer title.
    Lada driver was slow at early stage, became a muppet when LC tried to take over him, finally got the lesson. Also i mentioned "russian style" that should explain all :D I also said i like this, was it video or situation itself, i didnt mention that. Looks like its very common here to jump on the OP-s whatever they post. Id say heres more rage and wickedness in this forum than in this video.
    Judge the video not the OP !
    If everybody were sheep like some posters would like us to be, the world would be a very boring and sad place :D

Boards rage (despite all the injured egos) ain't half as bad as road rage! :)

My point is, "slow" is purely relative in this context. If the little muppet was driving at or near the speed limit then the big muppet was even more at fault. The camera car was driving at the same speed as muppet #1 initially -- does this suggest that was the appropriate speed for the road?

Sheep? There are much better ways of expressing individuality...

And yes, we know thosse Rrosshuns are crazy, even the babushkas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

you mean the vid or gun? Looks like a very likely vid and guns are fairly easily had there too.

the vid is filmed from inside a police car. Google translate.

did not finish video, because it was terrible. I'm always scared when next man with a gun (PSS). In such cases usually die for no reason and at the hands of one who has "more rights". In this situation, I do not want to give estimates.

Man on the Toyota (which aim at a) very brazenly drove double-cropped PSS for rebuilding in the extreme right lane (which is the idea of going under the arrow), and then it turned out that he had to left, and he blocked the exit for everyone to go right. By myself I know it infuriates. But I do not have a gun and I read the mantra. A PSS can not read.

This combination of circumstances that obscure Russian wheelbarrow (numbers on the video) was driving is not a simple man, but as he introduced "an element". A "Cops" - this man is not only a great moral duties, but also enormous opportunities gunshot.

Dotogo, the camera was turned on PSS broke his foot mirror "racer" and it seems that the side window is also cracked. Before the shooting did not make it, but if the PSS in a short time someone pokolechit - do not be surprised.

Someone with whom I rode at lunch trying to calm the raging and was scared that he too will fall under the distribution. Leaving, PSS asked him: "The jacket got dirty?" I told him that I am the police! "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Someone with whom I rode at lunch trying to calm the raging and was scared that he too will fall under the distribution

LMFAO :D

He accelerated as he was being overtaken. This is insanely stupid. If there was an artic coming around the corner, the land cruiser driver wouldn't have been able to pull in in time, and could have been killed in a head on collision.

That lada driver is a moron.

What corner are you referring to ? I didn't see any corner, also I reckon the Lada driver didn't accelerate to any great extent.
    hairyman wrote: »
    Sh!t like this really bothers me!!

But not half as much as the people that find it funny.

+1

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Wo, wo... hold on a second. The guy in the land cruiser is a complete and utter idiot.

It's obvious the leading lada and the following car are doing something similar to the limit on the road. The land cruiser is (very dangerously) leap frogging through what appears to be heavy enough traffic on the left lane. The opening seconds of the video have him pulling off a very stupid manoeuvre into a position that doesn't really exist. The following car has to let off a little to let him in.

Straight away after overtaking landcruiser guy is right up behind the lada. This is something I've seen all over Irish roads. Idiots following way too closely and not being able to manage their speed adequately, hence the heavy breaking the landcruiser is doing.

I don't think the lada was right to speed up, but he didn't deserve a breaktest for treating an asshole like an asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

RoverJames wrote: »
    What corner are you referring to ? I didn't see any corner, also I reckon the Lada driver didn't accelerate to any great extent.

Did you see that big green lorry? Could easily have ploughed into that if he wasn't in the powerful car which he was.

I reckon you are wrong. The LC seemed to effortlessly pass the initial car at the start of the video, indicating it is a powerful motor, and that when overtaking the driver gives it socks (as one should when they are overtaking). Yet when he goes to overtake the lada, he doesn't appear to pass it out with such ease. The lada pulls away from the videoing car in the clip, and yet we can hear the videoing car accelerate. Again, this would make us believe the lada wasn't just accelerating, but accelerating at a faster rate than the car behind.

So that's why I reckon you are wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Did you see that big green lorry? Could easily have ploughed into that if he wasn't in the powerful car which he was.

I reckon you are wrong. The LC seemed to effortlessly pass the initial car at the start of the video, indicating it is a powerful motor, and that when overtaking the driver gives it socks (as one should when they are overtaking). Yet when he goes to overtake the lada, he doesn't appear to pass it out with such ease. The lada pulls away from the videoing car in the clip, and yet we can hear the videoing car accelerate. Again, this would make us believe the lada wasn't just accelerating, but accelerating at a faster rate than the car behind.

So that's why I reckon you are wrong.
    You said there was a corner. There was no corner.
    The LC is obviously a psycho having passed the camera car while a HGV was coming the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

The LC is obviously a psycho having passed the camera car while a HGV was coming the other direction.

And the driver of the lada that accelarated while being overtaken? Psycho?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Funny how so many people blame the small car for driving at his own pace and increasing speed only when bullied into it by the d1ck in the bigger car. Who might I point out overtook camera car with little room on the left i.e. his two right wheels were easily 2 feet right of the white line, he cut in tight in front of the CC, he didn't indicate, he overtook in the face of oncoming traffic, he was tight to the smaller car check out the shadows it looks like he is meer inches from the car (wouldn't you accelerate with someone that close behind), he overtook with out indicating, how do we know he wasn't flashing/gesticulating/beeping his horn whilst he was right up the smaller cars hoop.

He then overtakes and STANDS on the brakes (note spelling of brakes people) forcing the following car to avoid him and crash off the road down the embankment.

YET IT'S STILL THE SMALLER CAR'S FAULT. ARE YOU LOT FOR REAL !!!!!!:mad:

Funny how so many people blame the small car for driving at his own pace and increasing speed only when bullied into it by the d1ck in the bigger car. Who might I point out overtook camera car with little room on the left i.e. his two right wheels were easily 2 feet right of the white line, he cut in tight in front of the CC, he didn't indicate, he overtook in the face of oncoming traffic, he was tight to the smaller car check out the shadows it looks like he is meer inches from the car (wouldn't you accelerate with someone that close behind), he overtook with out indicating, how do we know he wasn't flashing/gesticulating/beeping his horn whilst he was right up the smaller cars hoop.

He then overtakes and STANDS on the brakes (note spelling of brakes people) forcing the following car to avoid him and crash off the road down the embankment.

Bullied into accelerating while he was being overtaken. Really? The LC driver pushed his foot to the floor did he?. Both drivers put each others lives at danger so both are utter idiots and reckless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If I could do that to the spackers "driving at their own pace" in the snow and ice that only exists in their tiny minds at the moment, I would.

If you can't drive, stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭MarkoC

In this video LC was faster car, was in rush, who knows maybe pregnant woman bleeding in it, again who knows and the Lada driver put clearly the LC into danger for no reason, yes that is called KARMA :D

And the driver of the lada that accelarated while being overtaken? Psycho?
    Not condoning what the Lada did but the LC driver is obviously in the wrong here. In just over a minute he overtook dangerously, tailgated and brake tested another driver into crashing (and also looked like he didn't stop after the crash)
    In this video LC was faster car, was in rush, who knows maybe pregnant woman bleeding in it, again who knows and the Lada driver put clearly the LC into danger for no reason, yes that is called KARMA :D
    So a pregnant woman in the car and the guy stands on the brakes. Yeah that makes sense :rolleyes: I personally hope I never meet you on the road if you think what the LC driver did was correct.

So a pregnant woman in the car and the guy stands on the brakes. Yeah that makes sense :rolleyes: I personally hope I never meet you on the road if you think what the LC driver did was correct.
    >Trust me, in extreme situations like that, people do even worse things, you would do as well if thats life threatening to you. 2 seconds after you saw a nife on your neck your adrenaline is still up and you are able to attack the attacker which can end up fatal.

• Advertisement

>Trust me, in extreme situations like that, people do even worse things, you would do as well if thats life threatening to you. 2 seconds after you saw a nife on your neck your adrenaline is still up and you are able to attack the attacker which can end up fatal.
    Seriously you are not making any sense with these posts. What's a knife got to do with someone brake testing someone? :confused:

Seriously you are not making any sense with these posts. What's a knife got to do with someone brake testing someone? :confused:
    Lada driver put the LC driver clearly into life threating situation by accelerating and not leting him pass ?

Not condoning what the Lada did but the LC driver is obviously in the wrong here. In just over a minute he overtook dangerously, tailgated and brake tested another driver into crashing (and also looked like he didn't stop after the crash)

That statement doesnt make any sense to me. If you dont condone what the lada driver did then he must have been in the wrong also? Both risked each others lives. If the LC driver had been smashed to oblivion by an oncoming lorry because the lada driver accelerated he would have caused a fatality. As it turns out the LC driver made in front of the lada and he also nearly caused the lada drivers death. Both wrong i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I think we all need to chill out and look at the Biertijdbabes section of that website... seriously NSFW !

Lada driver put the LC driver clearly into life threating situation by accelerating and not leting him pass ?
    And the LC driver put the Lada driver into a life threatening situation by tailgating him.
    That statement doesnt make any sense to me. If you dont condone what the lada driver did then he must have been in the wrong also? Both risked each others lives. If the LC driver had been smashed to oblivion by an oncoming lorry because the lada driver accelerated he would have caused a fatality. As it turns out the LC driver made in front of the lada and he also nearly caused the lada drivers death. Both wrong i think.
    And if the Lada had to brake suddenly, the LC driver tailgating him would have caused a fatality.
    In my opinion, in this incident the LC driver was at fault. He could have just ignored the Lada's actions but instead tried to teach him a lesson and brake test him. So, yes, I do believe the LC driver was in the wrong for the accident as the Lada driver didn't force him to slam on the brakes. I'm not saying that what the Lada did wasn't wrong, just in terms of the accident.

• Advertisement

And the LC driver put the Lada driver into a life threatening situation by tailgating him.
    Hows that life threatening ? :D Thats normal if you want to take over the car in front of you, you get as close as possible and when theres a chanse you just make your manouver. I couldnt see any threat to lada driver ... But maybe it is life threatening for people like you, when they see a bit faster car theyr legs start to shake and they look for the brake pedal straight away. Not in Russia :D
    It might be uncomfortable but defenately not life threatening.

And if the Lada had to brake suddenly, the LC driver tailgating him would have caused a fatality.
    In my opinion, in this incident the LC driver was at fault. He could have just ignored the Lada's actions but instead tried to teach him a lesson and brake test him. So, yes, I do believe the LC driver was in the wrong for the accident as the Lada driver didn't force him to slam on the brakes. I'm not saying that what the Lada did wasn't wrong, just in terms of the accident.

Hmmm and perhaps the Lada driver could have ignored the LC tailgaiting him and not sped up while the LC overtook. In terms of the accident the LC driver was wrong but they both put each other lives at risk.

In terms of dangerous driving they are both guilty. The lada driver in this case got forced down the bank which is not nice but I would say he is ok. If the LC hadnt got in after the lada driver sped up it would have been a head on collision with a car going the opposite way. Probably fatality.

Hows that life threatening ? :D Thats normal if you want to take over the car in front of you, you get as close as possible and when theres a chanse you just make your manouver. I couldnt see any threat to lada driver ... But maybe it is life threatening for people like you, when they see a bit faster car theyr legs start to shake and they look for the brake pedal straight away. Not in Russia :D
    It might be uncomfortable but defenately not life threatening.
    Oh sweet lord. No no no that's not what you do at all. Can I ask, do you actually drive?

Oh sweet lord. No no no that's not what you do at all. Can I ask, do you actually drive?
    Yes i do and over 15 years already, through Europe few times and last 5.5 years in Ireland without any accidents, thanks for asking :)
    Yes i know, only dumb breaks the 2 second rule. But we all know it never works if it comes to overtake another car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Yes i do and over 15 years already, through Europe few times and last 5.5 years in Ireland without any accidents, thanks for asking :)
    Yes i know, only dumb breaks the 2 second rule. But we all know it never works if it comes to overtake another car.

You should leave some space to the car in front so you can accelerate before pulling out to overtake, also gives you better view of road ahead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The white car did exactly what many people here in Ireland do.
    Pull the brakes when you can't overtake, speed up when you can and generally make it as hard to overtake as possible.
    So, in short, the driver of the white car is possibly suffering from a mental disorder or he wouldn't have such issue with other road users.
    What he didn't bank on (and a lot of people here also don't), was that one day he might just pull his retarded sh*t on someone who is an even bigger looney.
    White car man does this stuff every day to a lot of drivers.
    They all think "No, I am not going to sink to his level and be mature about this"
    This validates white car guy's behaviour because the feedback he's getting is "go right ahead, do what you like, I'm not going to respond"
    So he becomes worse and worse and if unchecked, will keep doing it.
    After running into an even bigger psychopath than himself he might just realise "Oh wait, there are serious nutbags out there and if I keep doing this, one day I might not be so lucky as to escape unharmed".
    So hopefully he has learnt an important lesson. You fcuk with people long enough, you're going to meet someone who is going to fcuk you right back, so be careful out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

...In terms of dangerous driving they are both guilty. The lada driver in this case got forced down the bank which is not nice but I would say he is ok. If the LC hadnt got in after the lada driver sped up it would have been a head on collision with a car going the opposite way. Probably fatality.

She could have rolled the white car, or swerved left not right, or gone straight into the LC.

Its interesting that the only option for the LC you can think of is to get ahead. They could have slowed down and pulled in behind the white car.

BostonB wrote: »
    Its interesting that the only option for the LC you can think of is to get ahead. They could have slowed down and pulled in behind the white car.
    Thats not acceptable in the world where time is money :D
    My missus just arrived from Cork ... Cork Waterford road, in the morning 30 km/h average, phuck that :D

Hanging back works fine. Many don't have the patience to do it properly though. If you have to hang off someone bumper to get past, the speed difference, and opportunity must be very marginal for an overtake.

Thats not acceptable in the world where time is money :D
    My missus just arrived from Cork ... Cork Waterford road, in the morning 30 km/h average, phuck that :D
    Good driving starts in bed!

Get up a bit earlier!

How much money and time will it cost, if you total a few cars and kill a few people.
    Yoda: "I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience."
    Obi-Wan: "He will learn patience."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

If the white car did definitely accelerate when it was being overtaken he deserves to be run off the road like what happened.
    If you do stupid things accidents happen. Should have minded his/her own business.

The white car did exactly what many people here in Ireland do.
    Pull the brakes when you can't overtake, speed up when you can and generally make it as hard to overtake as possible.
    So, in short, the driver of the white car is possibly suffering from a mental disorder or he wouldn't have such issue with other road users.
    What he didn't bank on (and a lot of people here also don't), was that one day he might just pull his retarded sh*t on someone who is an even bigger looney.
    White car man does this stuff every day to a lot of drivers.
    They all think "No, I am not going to sink to his level and be mature about this"
    This validates white car guy's behaviour because the feedback he's getting is "go right ahead, do what you like, I'm not going to respond"
    So he becomes worse and worse and if unchecked, will keep doing it.
    After running into an even bigger psychopath than himself he might just realise "Oh wait, there are serious nutbags out there and if I keep doing this, one day I might not be so lucky as to escape unharmed".
    So hopefully he has learnt an important lesson. You fcuk with people long enough, you're going to meet someone who is going to fcuk you right back, so be careful out there.

+1

Let people past, and leave a gap for them to pull into. As soon as they are disappearing into the distance, it will make your journey more pleasant and safer. It makes no sense to bottle people up behind you.

Unless you're Italian...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

Keith186 wrote: »
    If the white car did definitely accelerate when it was being overtaken he deserves to be run off the road like what happened.
    If you do stupid things accidents happen. Should have minded his/her own business.

What!!!!

I cannot believe that you are actually referring to any part of that video as accidental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

MarkoC, are you a troll?

I still don't understand what corner you are on about

Cheers ;) Nice to see some sane folk still about in the thread.

wtf :confused:

BostonB wrote: »
    She could have rolled the white car, or swerved left not right, or gone straight into the LC.

Who said it was a woman? I never said the only option was for the LC to get ahead. But if you are commited to overtaking someone speeding up beside you is hardly helpful is it? Would i be correct in saying that you think the LC is totally at fault here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

hairyman wrote: »
    What!!!!

I cannot believe that you are actually referring to any part of that video as accidental.
    I meant it in a cliche kind of way.
    He got some severe medicine.
    If he minded his own business instead of interrferring the LC most likely wouldn't have brake tested him.

If he minded his own business instead of interrferring the LC most likely wouldn't have brake tested him.
    But at the same time you could also say that if the LC hadn't been riding the Lada's rear bumper for a good while and just hung back, the Lada most likely wouldn't have been a douche and accelerated while being overtaken.
    I still stand by my assumption that the accident itself was the LC driver's fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

It certainly is remarkable how many 'good' drivers here think the jeep driver was in the right. No wonder our roads and our country are in the state they're in.

drBill wrote: »
    It certainly is remarkable how many 'good' drivers here think the jeep driver was in the right. No wonder our roads and our country are in the state they're in.

They spend most of their time watching Top Gear and reading HonestJohn :pac: Proper enthusiasts :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

They spend most of their time watching Top Gear and reading HonestJohn :pac: Proper enthusiasts :pac:

And on Boards!!!:D

-Corkie- wrote: »
    And on Boards!!!:D

:o

I still don't understand what corner you are on about

I might have been mistaken, the video is ambiguous and it is somewhat difficult to ascertain with 100% confidence whether or not there is a corner on the road ahead.

However, as I'm sure you will accept, there can be no doubt as to the large, puke green lorry/truck which passed the cars in question shortly after the Land Cruiser had the opportunity to pull in. Correct?

And I am sure you will also agree that had the Land Cruiser not had the opportunity to move in, as a result of the Lada driver accelerating, there could well have been a crash between said lorry and Land Cruiser, quite possibly fatal. Yes?

I might have been mistaken, the video is ambiguous and it is somewhat difficult to ascertain with 100% confidence whether or not there is a corner on the road ahead.

However, as I'm sure you will accept, there can be no doubt as to the large, puke green lorry/truck which passed the cars in question shortly after the Land Cruiser had the opportunity to pull in. Correct?

And I am sure you will also agree that had the Land Cruiser not had the opportunity to move in, as a result of the Lada driver accelerating, there could well have been a crash between said lorry and Land Cruiser, quite possibly fatal. Yes?

lol :pac:
    It's quite obvious there was no corner, the LC driver no doubt saw the green lorry in the distance and just chanced it, he got away with it too with a bit to spare. And he had plenty of time to abort the overtaking move by easing off and pulling back in, which would only have been made easier if the Lada was accelerating, which I'm not sure he was. I reckon the car with the camera eased off to allow keep lots of space between him and the muppet in the LC.

• Advertisement

And on Boards!!!biggrin.gif

Hang on a sec though.

Corkie, where do you really stand?

You gave both the OP and post #3 (disgusted) the thumbs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Hang on a sec though.

Corkie, where do you really stand?

You gave both the OP and post #3 (disgusted) the thumbs up.

Oh no your disgusted.... Im so sorry. Ill remove my thanks so.

not.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

So you think that kind of behaviour on the road is acceptable?

Put your nose in my business and I will do my best to murder you and everybody else in your car.

Whoops!!
    I meant to say brake test instead of murder, how silly of me.

It's quite obvious there was no corner, the LC driver no doubt saw the green lorry in the distance and just chanced it.

He knows the power of his vehicle and it's accelerating capabilities, he obviously isn't on a suicide run so he wouldn't have pulled out if he thought he was going to hit the lorry.
    he got away with it too with a bit to spare.

He would have 'got away with it' with much more to spare if it wasn't for the lada driver accelerating.

And he had plenty of time to abort the overtaking move by easing off and pulling back in

When accelerating it is much easier to keep accelerating to get past the car, rather then brake hard to merge back in with traffic behind you.

if the Lada was accelerating, which I'm not sure he was. I reckon the car with the camera eased off to allow keep lots of space between him and the muppet in the LC.

I already articulated in a previous post the reasons that led me to believe that the Lada was in fact accelerating. You chose to cut all that out to be pedantic over the shape of the road.
    If you still think that the lada was decelerating, please dissect my earlier post and I will gladly read your reasoning behind coming to such a conclusion.

Oh no your disgusted.... Im so sorry. Ill remove my thanks so.

not.

No, the member who posted #3 was disgusted.

I'm just curious to know how you can give both icon14.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement