Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow driver got a lesson (russian style)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    No, the member who posted #3 was disgusted.

I'm just curious to know how you can give both icon14.gif

Do I need your permission. He was been sarcastic in the first half. Why are you always B1tchin here about speed cameras and non senseical stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

squod wrote: »

What happens in a dispute sometimes in Russia.

Big man pull's out a gun when he has someone who will fight back.

No chivalry in fighting anymore. once a man is gonna lose he resorts to weapons in a situation that doesn't call for any weapons what-so-ever!

He knows the power of his vehicle and it's accelerating capabilities, he obviously isn't on a suicide run so he wouldn't have pulled out if he thought he was going to hit the lorry.

He would have 'got away with it' with much more to spare if it wasn't for the lada driver accelerating.

When accelerating it is much easier to keep accelerating to get past the car, rather then brake hard to merge back in with traffic behind you.

I already articulated in a previous post the reasons that led me to believe that the Lada was in fact accelerating. You chose to cut all that out to be pedantic over the shape of the road.
    If you still think that the lada was decelerating, please dissect my earlier post and I will gladly read your reasoning behind coming to such a conclusion.

He pulled it off with plenty of time to spare, you still reckon there may be a bend in the road and you call me pedantic, are you for real ? I never said the Lada was decelerating, I don't think there is much evidence to prove it was accelerating appreciably. If the Lada was accelerating to the extent you reckon it was all the LC had to do was foot off the accelerator and after 1 second he way would be clear to pull in.

I understand where you are coming from, you must feel an awful muppet about the corner thing :pac:

Regarding the suicide run, unfortunately errors of judgment cost many folks their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Do I need your permission. He was been sarcastic in the first half. Why are you always B1tchin here about speed cameras and non senseical stuff.

Sensitive!

No, happy to leave the "non senseical" in your capable hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Now. Is that Roverjames in that Merc you said was ropey!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I looked at the clip again, he was back on his own side of the road and after slamming on the brakes before the green truck passed :rolleyes: FFS he was in zero risk of hitting the truck. He had less time for his first overtake :rolleyes: And there was defo no bend in the road either :cool:

-Corkie- wrote: »

Now. Is that Roverjames in that Merc you said was ropey!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No :D Looks like the chap I sold it to though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

RoverJames wrote: »
    He pulled it off with plenty of time to spare, you still reckon there may be a bend in the road and you call me pedantic, are you for real ?

I already said that there may not have been a corner, it doesn't really matter either way.

I never said the Lada was decelerating, I don't think there is much evidence to prove it was accelerating appreciably. If the Lada was accelerating to the extent you reckon it was all the LC had to do was foot off the accelerator and after 1 second he way would be clear to pull in.

I outlined my reasoning behind coming to the conclusion that the Lada was accelerating, and you have yet to refute them with any sort of evidence from the video.

I understand where you are coming from, you must feel an awful muppet about the corner thing :pac:

Not in the slightest, frankly I couldn't really give a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

An insanely dangerous thing to do. And it's fairly common on Irish roads too. I nearly died in a passanger seat a few years back when a woman thought it a good idea to accelerate when my friend tried to overtake her. We nearly had a head on with a lorry.
    Your friend must have been overtaking without a clear view of the road ahead. In this case I would say both drivers were wrong.

I already said that there may not have been a corner, it doesn't really matter either way.

I outlined my reasoning behind coming to the conclusion that the Lada was accelerating, and you have yet to refute them with any sort of evidence from the video.

Not in the slightest, frankly I couldn't really give a ****.

Would you be surprised to learn that he overtook the Lada in 10 seconds (crossing white line to being back on his own side) and it was 10 seconds more before the green truck passed ? That does mean that he came nowhere near hitting the green truck. I wouldn't expect you to agree though, firstly you reckon there was a corner there and secondly you couldn't really give a **** :pac:

There is no evidence to say the Lada is accelerating or not, given that the Landcruiser overtook it in 10 seconds without a run at it I would think it wasn't. The LC is a fair lump of metal to be shifted at high speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Would you be surprised to learn that he overtook the Lada in 10 seconds (crossing white line to being back on his own side) and it was 10 seconds more before the green truck passed ? That does mean that he came nowhere near hitting the green truck. I wouldn't expect you to agree though, firstly you reckon there was a corner there and secondly you couldn't really give a **** :pac:

Im guessing he lada was perfectly entitled then to speed up while being overtaken because he knew the speed of the oncoming truck and he knew that the LC would be fine. I think that the lada driver was a reckless speeding up and of course the LC was extremely dangerous doing what he did. This one sided view is a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭MarkoC

@ RoverJames

Lada driver got punished for what he tried to do, which means dont do that if you have **** car/brakes and you have no balls to finish what you started :D

There is no evidence to say the Lada is accelerating or not, given that the Landcruiser overtook it in 10 seconds without a run at it I would think it wasn't. The LC is a fair lump of metal to be shifted at high speed.

I made one post in the thread, it was all I intended to make until your post quoting mine. So yeah, I don't really care but I will defend what I said when needs be.

The Camera Car is accelerating, as we can deduce from the sound of increased stress on the engine. Yes/No?

The Lada is pulling away from the camera car. Yes/No?

MarkoC wrote: »
    @ RoverJames

Lada driver got punished for what he tried to do, which means dont do that if you have **** car/brakes and you have no balls to finish what you started :D

You really have strange views, I still am a bit shocked that an adult started that thread about does having kids in the back justify taking blind corners too fast and mowing down pedestrians to avoid hitting a car so I tend not to think about your posts too much, you'll have to excuse me for that. Whoever was driving the Landcruiser is a f**ktard of the highest order, cowardly thing to do, could have killed someone, not funny or big at all. Certainly not ballsy, maybe in your opinion it is.
    I made one post in the thread, it was all I intended to make until your post quoting mine. So yeah, I don't really care but I will defend what I said when needs be.

No comments on the 10 seconds so ? Any idea how long a petrol V8 LC takes to get from 50 to 70 ??? For someone that doesn't care you took the bother to PM me about it :eek: :pac:

The Camera Car is accelerating, as we can deduce from the sound of increased stress on the engine. Yes/No?

The Lada is pulling away from the camera car. Yes/No?

No views on the 10 second thing so Mr Private Message ? :pac:
    Camera car may be engine braking for all I know or you for that matter.

No comments on the 10 seconds so ? Any idea how long a petrol V8 LC takes to get from 50 to 70 ??? For someone that doesn't care you took the bother to PM me about it :eek: :pac:
    No views on the 10 second thing so Mr Private Message ? :pac:
    Camera car may be engine braking for all I know or you for that matter.

It was 7 seconds, I just looked, which included the LC driver slowing significantly. No need to be smart about it either, I can't fathom how you can't appreciate that the lada driver was also driving dangerously. Anyway like I said I really don't care that much, I have other things to be worried about.

It was 7 seconds, I just looked, which included the LC driver slowing significantly. No need to be smart about it either, I can't fathom how you can't appreciate that the lada driver was also driving dangerously. Anyway like I said I really don't care that much, I have other things to be worried about.

I can't fathom how you reckon there was a corner there :pac:

Best of luck with the other things anyway :)

I can't fathom how you reckon there was a corner there :pac:

Best of luck with the other things anyway :)

Are you serious, how many times do I need to say I was mistaken for it to register with you??? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You really have strange views, I still am a bit shocked that an adult started that thread about does having kids in the back justify taking blind corners too fast and mowing down pedestrians to avoid hitting a car so I tend not to think about your posts too much, you'll have to excuse me for that.
    How many times i have to tell you in ENGLISH, well you dont speak Irish anyway, that i didnt justify taking blind corners and hitting pedestrians (quote me before ju post that crap again) and bla bla bla what you saying here, i just posted the video and asked a simple question.

Stay in topic or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

It was 7 seconds, I just looked, which included the LC driver slowing significantly. No need to be smart about it either, I can't fathom how you can't appreciate that the lada driver was also driving dangerously[/B]. Anyway like I said I really don't care that much, I have other things to be worried about.

Sure speeding up while someone is overtaking is ok according to Roverjames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Right.

Has anyone here ever drivin a ****ing Lada??? I have (once)

Do you realise just how ****ing slow they actually are. I don't care if his foot was to the floor and he was shooting flames out his arse he wouldn't of bothered that LC.

Jesus People get a life. As much as I'd like to get slow drivers out of my way I would rather not put someone in a situation like that.

The LC brake tested the car. Its as simple as that.

And before anyone asks I've had cars speed up while overtaking before and do you know what I did, I dropped a cog floored it and kept driving. If they were being real twats and I felt it necessary I dropped back and got past later. The thoughts of brake testing never entered my mind as I'm SANE

How many times i have to tell you in ENGLISH, well you dont speak Irish anyway, that i didnt justify taking blind corners and hitting pedestrians (quote me before ju post that crap again) and bla bla bla what you saying here, i just posted the video and asked a simple question.

Stay in topic or GTFO
    :D:D:D:D

Bhuel níl do chuid Béarla go hiontach ach oiread

EDIT Well, your English isn't great either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Lads this is getting quite heated, can we count to ten before hitting 'Submit Post', there will be no more polite warnings :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭omega666

anyone who thinks running a car off the road like that is hilarious has got serious maturity issues. it wouldnt be very funny for the LC driver if his little prank resulting in the other driver getting killed or being seriously disabled for the rest for the rest of his life.

the lada driver should not have accelerated but to jam on the brakes like that to teach him a lesson is just retarded.

shows how much of a coward he was then to drive off then without even stopping to check if they were ok

• Advertisement

Onkle wrote: »
    Lada is getting quite heated

Well if your 1.5L (or 1.3l) Samara was trying to best a V8 Amazon I'd imagine you would be getting heated too :D

johnos1984 wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D

Bhuel níl do chuid Béarla go hiontach ach oiread
    Ach tá mé ag iarraidh, ar a laghad:)

Another quick one, while some of us may understand the Irish language there are others that don't, there was a huge Feedback thread on this recently enough and it was decided that (unless in a specific language forum) English should be the language used and if you want to post in Irish you must also post a translation. It's a sitewide thing so it has to be upheld

Ach tá mé ag iarraidh, ar a laghad:)

Bí cinnte go bhfuil an ceart agat nuair a deireann tú rudaí mar sin

(be certain you are correct when you say things like that)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Wonder if the LC driver was prosecuted from the video footage. Given Russia is a complete $hithole, I have serious doubts.

• Advertisement

sesna wrote: »
    Wonder if the LC driver was prosecuted from the video footage. Given Russia is a complete $hithole, I have serious doubts.

I think I saw the date 16/10/2010 on the video so I doubt anything has come of it yet, I also doubt anything ever will as the car taking the video never stopped to offer help.......but nobody else noticed that either.

Bí cinnte go bhfuil an ceart agat nuair a deireann tú rudaí mar sin

(be certain you are correct when you say things like that)
    Tá an ceart agat anseo, mo leithscéal

Féach suas ar an nóta a scríobh Onkle ;) ach iarracht maith leis an nGaeilge

(look up at Onkles note ;) but good effort with the Irish

Banned for ignoring Mod warning

Can this thread get back on topic or I'll just lock it up

Wonder if the Lada sustained more damage by going off the road rather than ploughing straight into the back of the LC.

The LC obviously was nuts, but dont think he expected the Lada would go off the road or intended anything past a scare. He slowed down temporarily when he saw what happened and probably contemplated stopping, before thinking he better flee the scene.

Wonder if the Lada sustained more damage by going off the road rather than ploughing straight into the back of the LC.

In fairness he came to a dead stop. I don't think he was intending to just scare the driver unless he had an empty bottle of vodka in the cup holder and it all just made sense at the time.

Its just completely mad what he did. Money speaks loudly in Russia and people seem to think they can get away with anything if they have it.....or so my Russian housemate tells me :)

In fairness he came to a dead stop. I don't think he was intending to just scare the driver unless he had an empty bottle of vodka in the cup holder and it all just made sense at the time.

Its just completely mad what he did. Money speaks loudly in Russia and people seem to think they can get away with anything if they have it.....or so my Russian housemate tells me :)

True, I edited my post about just scaring after watching it again.

No it was the best option.

this is a Samara in drag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84qG3mliXD8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Can't agree. The distance between the camera car and Lada increases. So either the Lada is accelerating or the camera car slowing. It sounds like the camera car is accelerating. For me the Lada is pretty clearly accelerating.

Who said it was a woman? I never said the only option was for the LC to get ahead. But if you are commited to overtaking someone speeding up beside you is hardly helpful is it? Would i be correct in saying that you think the LC is totally at fault here?

I did. Just to be different.

....If the LC hadnt got in after the lada driver sped up it would have been a head on collision with a car going the opposite way. ...

If theres ambiguity here I don't see it.

Not helpful no. I called it "very dangerous" at the start of this thread.

The LC always had the option of slowing and pulling back in, but decided to continue to overtake, knowing theres a nutter to his right, and oncoming traffic. His first overtake was with oncoming traffic also. But jamming on right in front of someone give no options. For me thats even more dangerous. That murderous. They are both lunatics though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Onkle wrote: »
    Banned for ignoring Mod warning

Bíonn na pointí ar mise, lads

(The pints are on me lads)

The LC actually braked for a good couple of secs, before the Lada pulls off. I assume the Lada realised he wouldn't stop and turned to avoid a big impact. But theres no brake lights from the Lada, and he doesn't slow that much. Which suggests to me the braking is very poor on the Lada, and theres no brake lights working. Or perhaps he didn't brake at all, just drove off. Very curious.

Also why is the camera car actually filming this in the middle of nowhere. Either the white car was doing something odd, or they could see the LC coming up from behind. Either way they were expecting something to happen.

Or they knew it was going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

omega666 wrote: »
    anyone who thinks running a car off the road like that is hilarious has got serious maturity issues. it wouldnt be very funny for the LC driver if his little prank resulting in the other driver getting killed or being seriously disabled for the rest for the rest of his life.

the lada driver should not have accelerated but to jam on the brakes like that to teach him a lesson is just retarded.

shows how much of a coward he was then to drive off then without even stopping to check if they were ok

Agreed,,:)

However this thread has done nothing more than cement the fact that there is as a large number of uneducated fools on the roads all over the world, more importantly its gone some way to chipping yet another lump of my trust/faith in Irish motorists.
    Why in the name of god would any body try and justify the behaviour of either one of the drivers in clip, they are both tools and had absolutely no regard for any other drivers on the road.

Then again, a pile up would be hilarious,,:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GaryMunster

one idiot takes out another idiot...the end....lada trys to take out jeep and fails, jeep trys to take out lada and wins..and none of ye dont know how you would react if someone accelerated when trying to overtake them, its grand sitting in front of a computer and saying oh i wouldnt get angry but ya never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I don't think he set out to kill anyone, but could he not have yielded to the LC and let him pass?
    I was waiting for a Danny Sordo/Miko Hirvonnen effort truth be told:(

I think anyone thats been driving more than a few years would have experienced this (people accelerating to block an overtaking car) at some point. Its very common in Ireland. Theres a real problem with not letting people overtake, leaving gaps for passing cars to slip into, or even not letting people out at junctions, in this country.

A variation on this is people crawling through bends or where you can't overtake, then as soon as theres a clear straight section they take like off like a rocket, then slow right down once its past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

The lada doesn't accelerate, or if it does it is minute.
    The following car is CLOSING on it as we hear the changed engine note, and is rapidly closing on it after the LC completes it's overtake. He may even have braked or eased off on the accelerator.
    Obviously there is no case against the Lada.

And I will repeat you CAN get done when hit from behind. I personally know someone who got done when hit from behind. It wasn't even a brake test, he pulled in after overtaking to pick someone up.
    If you brake test and cause an accident you will be in the wrong - duh.

Please look at the video and stop bringing your prejudices and previous life failure here.

I saw no pregnant woman with a knife on the corner :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

squod wrote: »

What happens in a dispute sometimes in Russia.

yep. And these guys get to hold the World Cup ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

The lada doesn't accelerate, or if it does it is minute.
    I saw no pregnant woman with a knife on the corner :rolleyes:

Class :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

galwaytt wrote: »
    yep. And these guys get to hold the World Cup ?

Yes they do. Or else...:D

Advertisement