Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Spoiler Thread*** UFC 124 St-Pierre vs. Koscheck!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Moke

Honestly I hope that a decent portion of this fight is standing, just because it would be really interesting. They only stood in the first half of round 3 in the first fight and it was the the best (imo) part. Showed GSP's strategic advantage in the striking. Hope to god that GSP wins, I despise Koscheck and his cheating ways.

On a side note, am I the only one who expects Sky to pick up the UFC after they had TUF and start making us pay for PPVs...even if it's in their name, I want to watch for free as long as possible. Also, scrounging for streams isn't my idea of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Moke wrote: »
    Honestly I hope that a decent portion of this fight is standing, just because it would be really interesting. They only stood in the first half of round 3 in the first fight and it was the the best (imo) part. Showed GSP's strategic advantage in the striking. Hope to god that GSP wins, I despise Koscheck and his cheating ways.

On a side note, am I the only one who expects Sky to pick up the UFC after they had TUF and start making us pay for PPVs...even if it's in their name, I want to watch for free as long as possible. Also, scrounging for streams isn't my idea of fun

I've said this all along, When Setanta went tits up UFC went with ESPN because ESPN agreed to fit events into there schedule at short notice, Sky couldn't/wouldn't do that.
    Now that Sky has TUF you can bet your house that as soon as the ESPN contract is up they'll take it, and they'll start charging us for PPV'S, not all of them, just most.

First event on Sky i'd say will be a HUGE UK card, with at least 1 title fight, they'LL advertise it to fcuk on sky and put it on PPV.

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've said this all along, When Setanta went tits up UFC went with ESPN because ESPN agreed to fit events into there schedule at short notice, Sky couldn't/wouldn't do that.
    Now that Sky has TUF you can bet your house that as soon as the ESPN contract is up they'll take it, and they'll start charging us for PPV'S, not all of them, just most.

First event on Sky i'd say will be a HUGE UK card, with at least 1 title fight, they'LL advertise it to fcuk on sky and put it on PPV.
    Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it, I suppose it'll be some time around next summer or something (was last summer when UFC started on ESPN?) presuming it's a one year contract basis. I doubt the UFC would sign anything more knowing that once the popularity grows to US levels here and in the UK they can make a shtiload more cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Neberkenezer

have been a gsp fan for along time now,long enough not to be known as a nuthugger :) .... really wanna see georges knock kos out but i feel kos is gonna get lucky tonight

cant wait for it regardless....

have been a gsp fan for along time now,long enough not to be known as a nuthugger :) .... really wanna see georges knock kos out but i feel kos is gonna get lucky tonight

cant wait for it regardless....
    I would only regard someone as that if he's the only fighter they talk about and they can't name another welterweight they like (Dan Hardy's been my personal favourite since 99, I hate the 'Irish' Handgrenade) I mean everyone's got their own favourite fighter and GSP is a very likeable guy, especially on TUF. He can be quite a boring fighter when he chooses to be though. Hoping he doesn't tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I would only regard someone as that if he's the only fighter they talk about and they can't name another welterweight they like (Dan Hardy's been my personal favourite since 99, I hate the 'Irish' Handgrenade) I mean everyone's got their own favourite fighter and GSP is a very likeable guy, especially on TUF. He can be quite a boring fighter when he chooses to be though. Hoping he doesn't tonight

Where did you see Dan Hardy in '99? He would have been seventeen then. Kickboxing tournament?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Thread has been renamed, this is now the 124 spoiler thread

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Where did you see Dan Hardy in '99? He would have been seventeen then. Kickboxing tournament?
    lol no UFC 99, I said I hated the 'Irish' Handgrenade - Marcus Davis who he fought in UFC 99. I would've been 6 at the time so there's practically no way I could've seen him fight

lol no UFC 99, I said I hated the 'Irish' Handgrenade - Marcus Davis who he fought in UFC 99. I would've been 6 at the time so there's practically no way I could've seen him fight

Ahh I get you. He's one of my favorites too as I also can't stand Marcus "bomb went off in a paddy's day gift shop" Davis either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

any of the lads i know that have met marcus davis they have said he's a perfect gentleman and very enthusiastic about irish support. I think he's an excellent fighter, excellent boxing and jiujitsu. If you were to critisise him you'd have to say he fights with his heart more than his head and that isn't a bad thing for fans. in other words, if you don't like marcus davis you're probably a dick.

dunkamania wrote: »
    Thread has been renamed, this is now the 124 spoiler thread

Any chance of putting something in the thread title about using spoiler tags for unaired prelims?

Ahh I get you. He's one of my favorites too as I also can't stand Marcus "bomb went off in a paddy's day gift shop" Davis either.
    Exactly, it was the first event I saw too. I had been watching TUF9 when it was on Setanta too though. Wish I started watching earlier tbh, love the UFC unleashed shows just so I get to see some older fights

Exactly, it was the first event I saw too. I had been watching TUF9 when it was on Setanta too though. Wish I started watching earlier tbh, love the UFC unleashed shows just so I get to see some older fights

http://mmavideolinks.to/ has some good stuff on it, a lot of events have been removed for copyright reasons etc, but there are a good few full UFC events there.

http://mmavideolinks.to/ has some good stuff on it, a lot of events have been removed for copyright reasons etc, but there are a good few full UFC events there.
    Was watching Kos v GSP 1 there earlier. Might've been mmacore though, but yeah I normally look up fights if I hear anything interesting about them, it's a pity the lack of popularity this sport has in Ireland though, I'm one of two people (I got the other interested in it) in my year who like MMA. People have such primitive opinions on it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

not awfully excited about the card but my few euros are gone
    on this double
    gsp/kosh + steph/danzig fights to go the distance at 5/4+8/11

also did a single on jim miller to win on points at 11/5 with boyles
    as i think the price is just too big (13/8pp) and regardless of how
    good oliveira might turn out to me, miller has only been beaten
    by edgar and maynard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Cant wait man.:D

Many people staying up for this?

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Many people staying up for this?
    I'll be up, as always the UFC ruins my weekend sleeping schedule

I'll be up, as always the UFC ruins my weekend sleeping schedule
    Im Off till Wedensday :)

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Im Off till Wedensday :)
    Ha! My christmas tests start on thursday...loads of study is gonna be done tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ha! My christmas tests start on thursday...loads of study is gonna be done tomorrow :rolleyes:
    Your head'll hit the desk after a few mins haha:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

what time will the main event be on here??

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.
    5ish:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

well that will be a big No from me then... another day of avoiding forums to avoid knowing the result. :rolleyes:

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

Probably some time between 05:00 and 06:00.

Countdown is on now, we're not getting the free pre-lims sadly, MMA Live is on though

Countdown is on now, we're not getting the free pre-lims sadly, MMA Live is on though

You can watch the prelims at 2 on UFC.COM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I have never been so un-interested in a UFC card in my life. Am I the only one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Will the Pre-Lims be on ESPN or are they only gonna be shown online only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

unknown13 wrote: »
    I have never been so un-interested in a UFC card in my life. Am I the only one?

likewise
    only looking forward to the alves howard fight
    and i can see myself fast forwarding through the
    gsp kosh fight when i watch it tomorrow
    could be worse though, fitch could be on
    the card

• Advertisement

Spoilers from prelims
    4 FIGHTS, 4 Decisions, gonna be tight for the PPV, can see 1 fight being moved to after the main event

The Natal / Bongfelt fight was scored: 30-30 by all three judges. What the unmerciful fúck were they at.
    It has now emerged that it was 28-28 on two cards and 29-28 on the other (think that was for Natal).

Spoilers from prelims
    4 FIGHTS, 4 Decisions, gonna be tight for the PPV, can see 1 fight being moved to after the main event
    Dustin Hazelett v Mark Bocek is about to start on ufc.com

mailburner wrote: »
    likewise
    only looking forward to the alves howard fight
    and i can see myself fast forwarding through the
    gsp kosh fight when i watch it tomorrow
    could be worse though, fitch could be on
    the card

GSP is worse. Fitch we know is going the distance. GSP could finish the fight if he choses. I am hoping Koscheck pulls out a bomb and puts him to sleep but it won't happen.

unknown13 wrote: »
    GSP is worse. Fitch we know is going the distance. GSP could finish the fight if he choses. I am hoping Koscheck pulls out a bomb and puts him to sleep but it won't happen.

I dunno GSP was pretty entertaining the last time he fought Penn. He has a hell of a superman punch. I honestly think Koscheck has nothing for him.

I really like this card tbh, Oliveira has been fantastic to watch and I think the Howard/Alves fight is going to be a barnburner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I think Koscheck has a far better chance than a lot of people think. I'm rooting for the guy anyway.

I think Koscheck has a far better chance than a lot of people think. I'm rooting for the guy anyway.

+1

As the TUF series went on, and then ended, i said that i wanted Georgie to win, mainly cos Kos had been such a tit. Before the season started i wanted Kos to batter the crap outta him.

But now it comes down to it, a few hours before the fight, i honestly can't support Georgie Boy, i want Kos to KO him bad

+1

As the TUF series went on, and then ended, i said that i wanted Georgie to win, mainly cos Kos had been such a tit. Before the season started i wanted Kos to batter the crap outta him.

But now it comes down to it, a few hours before the fight, i honestly can't support Georgie Boy, i want Kos to KO him bad

I was in the exact same frame of mind about KOS, word for word. Come on Koscheck! Rip his head off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

boo urnssss.........kos is the world's biggest knob of butter (can't say anymore cause my post will be edited again, even though i said feck all!) the guy needs total criticism cause he is a tool.

GSP all 5 rounds, bring it on

• Advertisement

No, not really, I expect Koscheck to put up a fight, I certainly don't see him being KO'd in the first 2 rounds but I don't see him winning in anything other than a freak KO like Serra got

Koscheck 16/5 on Boylesports, gonna throw 20 quid down to feck. Anyone have a link other than sopcast btw? They keep showing the same promo over and over.

Koscheck 16/5 on Boylesports, gonna throw 20 quid down to feck. Anyone have a link other than sopcast btw? They keep showing the same promo over and over.

You can get him at 4/1 on Betfair. Sopcast should be fine when the event starts in 15 mins.

sopcast fine, ufc.com for prelims now, 20quid-waste of money, i will do you a favour and just tell you to keep it or put it on GSP points

You can get him at 4/1 on Betfair. Sopcast should be fine when the event starts in 15 mins.

Cheers for the tip, don't understand the whole betfair decimal point -1 +2 craic anyway, I'll stick with fractions. My mistake about Sopcast, thought it started at half 2.

sonic.trip wrote: »
    sopcast fine, ufc.com for prelims now, 20quid-waste of money, i will do you a favour and just tell you to keep it or put it on GSP points

We shall see. I'm looking forward to a lot of silenced Canadians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rhamiel

hopefully this site works!

http://www.p2plive.net/

Cheers for the tip, don't understand the whole betfair decimal point -1 +2 craic anyway, I'll stick with fractions. My mistake about Sopcast, thought it started at half 2.

if you hover the mouse over the number you will get the fraction.

its easy when you know how, for e.g always take 1 away in the decimal, i.e 3 on betfair =2/1

1.8 on betfair = 4/5 etc......

Haha Struve says about McCorkle "I've seen his face, and I don't like it"

McCorkle does have one of those faces :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I hope GSP smashes Koscheck in two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Howard and Alves could be fight of the night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement