Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Spoiler Thread*** UFC 124 St-Pierre vs. Koscheck!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Moke

scudzilla wrote: »
    Is this all Georgie is gonna do for 25mins? Jab Jab Jab Jab Jab Jab

This guy is as boring as a turd in a burger, he doesn't finish fights, Can he even finish a fight?
    But watching Koscheck squirm is more exciting than seeing him get KO'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Moke wrote: »

He's not even squirming though.Its just like being peppered by a pillowfisted Nick Diaz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Seems GSP is happy to do this and is not in a hurry to finish this.

He's not even squirming though.Its just like being peppered by a pillowfisted Nick Diaz
    This is redefining squirming, he doesn't know what to do, but he can't give up, when GSP fakes he nearly jumps back a foot

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Gsp should get him outta there now.

This is redefining squirming, he doesn't know what to do, but he can't give up, when GSP fakes he nearly jumps back a foot

Its not that different from the otherside either. GSP is moving back with every attack. Of course he has a gameplan though.
    And Rogan talking about being dictated by the jab.He needs to watch Diaz more or rewatch the Penn/Sanchez fight

Its not that different from the otherside either.
    Ah it is, he might move out of the way but Koscheck has a mini panic attack whenever a punch comes his way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Final round, c'mon and do sumt Kos, if I have to watch another round of you being jabbed in the face...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Glimmer of hope when KOS grabbed a leg. Short lived tho. Needs a miracle in RD 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Gsp should get him outta there now.

He can't, he no longer knows how to finish fights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

State of Koscheck. I don't understand why they even gave him this fight and fecking Jake Shields is next. I really want to see GSP versus Fitch.

Ah it is, he might move out of the way but Koscheck has a mini panic attack whenever a punch comes his way

I know.I corrected a bit :D

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    State of Koscheck. I don't understand why they even gave him this fight and fecking Jake Shields is next. I really want to see GSP versus Fitch.

Cant say I wanna rewatch that tbh.Cant see it ending very different

Unbeatable.

I do wish GSP would try and finish fights...but with Koscheck I don't mind watching GSP torture him. With Hardy however, that was just plain dull.

• Advertisement

Worst. Fight. Of. The. Night.

(slight bias, but still!:pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Neberkenezer

simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

Fun thing about this whole situation is that Hardy and Koscheck are now both coming off losses and will undoubtedly be matched. There will be a lot of venom and trashtalk and a well-matched fight in a few months time.

Fun thing about this whole situation is that Hardy and Koscheck are now both coming off losses and will undoubtedly be matched. There will be a lot of venom and trashtalk and a well-matched fight in a few months time.
    Please god let Hardy work on his takedown defense

Can't see Kos being ready for at least 6 months, looked like his orbital is fcuked

• Advertisement

Always humble. Hard not to like him.

:(Just so Good.Feel sorry for koscheck

Always humble. Hard not to like him.
    Yup, Kos is always like that, a good lad!

Yup, Kos is always like that, a good lad!
    I lol'd

Hes a good guy i personally like him.

UFC 125 looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

GSP vs. Fitch will be a replay of tonight...
    I do wish GSP would try and finish fights...but with Koscheck I don't mind watching GSP torture him. With Hardy however, that was just plain dull.
    In fairness, the Hardy fight was much more exciting than that jab ****e fest..
    Well-matched? Are you for real? Koscheck will take him down at will..

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Hes a good guy i personally like him.

Seriously? Koscheck? He's a good loser but a very sore winner. One of few fighters that likes to rub it in the face of his opponent when he wins the fight. Really not a good guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

*cry*
    that was a smoking

Many fighters brag/boast about a previous/recent win.
    Hes a Good Person.
    Dont know how people dont like him.

• Advertisement

This fight has done nothing for the WW division.. Koscheck can beat everyone at WW except GSP and maybe Alves.. GSP can beat everyone, there's just nothing Koscheck can do unless GSP leaves the WW division, if that happens, Kos will be champ for a while.

Can't see GSP going up though. Silva still has to fight Belfort, Okami and probably Sonnen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Kos was just humiliated by GSP. Imagine if you backed him, ha ha. Even worse then getting ESPN especially to ses Kos "knock GSP around". Today is a good day for GSP fans. Vindication.

shampon wrote: »
    Kos was just humiliated by GSP. Imagine if you backed him, ha ha. Even worse then getting ESPN especially to ses Kos "knock GSP around". Today is a good day for GSP fans. Vindication.

That's ridiculous, he wasn't humiliated, did you see his eye? He fought with that when he couldve let the doctor stop the fight, I'm sure you'd do the same..

And he wasn't humiliated, that's like saying BJ Penn was humiliated by Edgar. All GSP did was stay in the pocket, come in, jab, back out again..

GSP also said he'd definitely stop Koscheck, didn't look like he even tried to..

If by vindication you mean "Cant or just cant be arsed to finish a fight" then yes. He did it again tonight.Didnt launch an attack with intent to finish all night then apologised at the end for not being able to finish it.
    No sh!t George.If you actually dont attack properly youre not going to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

ScareGilly wrote: »
    That's ridiculous, he wasn't humiliated, did you see his eye? He fought with that when he couldve let the doctor stop the fight, I'm sure you'd do the same..

And he wasn't humiliated, that's like saying BJ Penn was humiliated by Edgar. All GSP did was stay in the pocket, come in, jab, back out again..

GSP also said he'd definitely stop Koscheck, didn't look like he even tried to..
    i would say he was humilated tbh, he couldnt do anything even though he only had one eye to see from, it was gsp who caused the swollen eye so id judge it as humilation.
    looked like kos just tried to stay in it lest he lose the fight in the 2-4th round.
    gsp won it in the first and that was it really.
    its a pity kosh didnt have two eyes to see from and maybe the other rounds would have been more interesting but gsp ****ed him up with those jabs
    :) i didnt say kos would "knock GSP around" i have to correct you, just i dislike gsp and montreal and i considered a bet on kos good value.
    based on the way the fight turned out it wasnt.
    but gsp won it in the first, kos had no chance with one eye but that was down to gsp so i admit it was a smoking

If by vindication you mean "Cant or just cant be arsed to finish a fight" then yes. He did it again tonight.Didnt launch an attack with intent to finish all night then apologised at the end for not being able to finish it.
    No sh!t George.If you actually dont attack properly youre not going to!

Exactly!!

That seems to have been Georgies strategy for quite some time now, he doesn't go out to win fights, he goes out not to lose

Bores the crap outta me, yet his NutHugging fans seem to love it

God dammit Koscheck! I don't mind losing a bet, but if you can't listen to the telepathic training I've been giving you for the last two weeks, then you're not worth my time. You didn't even listen to one word of my telepathic corner advice, you just continued to stand with GSP regardless! Good luck with the rest of your career son, we are done after tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

I'm so happy.

This fight has done nothing for the WW division.. Koscheck can beat everyone at WW except GSP and maybe Alves.. GSP can beat everyone, there's just nothing Koscheck can do unless GSP leaves the WW division, if that happens, Kos will be champ for a while.

Can't see GSP going up though. Silva still has to fight Belfort, Okami and probably Sonnen again.

What exactly is the basis of this argument? Who has Koscheck beaten, what impressive performances has he put on to bring you to this conclusion?

• Advertisement

Niall0 wrote: »
    I think koschecks wrestling will cause alot of problems for GSP and take him out of his comfort zone.

:confused:

GSP is a world-class wrestler and wants to try for the 2012 Olympics in freestyle. He manhandled wrestled better than "Kos" tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just looked at GSP's record he hasn't ko'd too many standing up so I wasn't suprised he didn't finish Koscheck. Can't believe gsp is getting Criticised at least he's performing unlike Anderson Silva who I hope gets KTFO by Belfort & not just cause i've a fair few quid on Vitor at 5/2.

Rycn wrote: »

GSP is a world-class wrestler and wants to try for the 2012 Olympics in freestyle. He manhandled "Kos" tonight aswell.

He didn't manhandle him in wrestling, he jabbed him to death.
    KOS got decimated tonight, but he stayed standing with a fecked eye. Even though I lost 20 quid, kudos to him for that at least(and I am stretching for compliments for him here). The Canadians were laughing at Koschecks missed attacks in the first 3 rounds but by the 5th I think they gained a little respect for him as they were more silent. There's no denying GSP'S talent, but his intent to finish fights just isn't there recently. He reminds me of Anderson Silva in recent times, which is why the two of them fighting each other could be epic.

What exactly is the basis of this argument? Who has Koscheck beaten, what impressive performances has he put on to bring you to this conclusion?
    On the basis he's beaten everyone put in front of him bar GSP, Alves, and Paulo Thiago who'd lose that fight 9 times out of 10...

GSP is a world-class wrestler and wants to try for the 2012 Olympics in freestyle. He manhandled "Kos" tonight aswell.

He didn't manhandle Kos at wrestling tonight.

KOS got decimated tonight, but he stayed standing with a fecked eye. Even though I lost 20 quid, kudos to him for that at least(and I am stretching for compliments for him here). The Canadians were laughing at Koschecks missed attacks in the first 3 rounds but by the 5th I think they gained a little respect for him as they were more silent. There's no denying GSP'S talent, but his intent to finish fights just isn't there recently. He reminds me of Anderson Silva in recent times, which is why the two of them fighting each other could be epic.

Maybe that was a bit of a strong word. I don't mean literally manhandled, but when it came to the wrestling, GSP prevailed. He is a better wrestler than Koscheck (at present).

Or it could end up as being as exciting as a Fart in an Astronaut suit

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Or it could end up as being as exciting as a Fart in an Astronaut suit

Could go either way tbf.

Maybe that was a bit of a strong word. I don't mean literally manhandled, but when it came to the wrestling, GSP prevailed. He is a better wrestler than Koscheck (at present).

There wasn't a whole lot of difference. They are both damn good wrestlers. I think it was 2-1 in takedowns to GSP so based on that you would of been right. I think Kos should of tried to do what he did to Daley in the GSP fight. It wouldn't of been as easy obviously, but standing with GSP was just stupid. Wrestling was his edge in that fight(debatable but I think so) and I'm amazed he didn't use it, especially after getting constaJabbed the first two rounds.

I think Siva definitely has an edge over GSP, it would be a close fight though i'd say GSP would try to steer clear and win on points (as usual :rolleyes:).

I think Siva definitely has an edge over GSP, it would be a close fight though i'd say GSP would try to steer clear and win on points (as usual :rolleyes:).

Ya I agree, Silva by K.O. (1st or 2nd round if he's at his best).

On the basis he's beaten everyone put in front of him bar GSP, Alves, and Paulo Thiago who'd lose that fight 9 times out of 10...

He didn't manhandle Kos at wrestling tonight.

Who? Koscheck has beaten no one other than Paul Daley, and that was a mess.

Frank Trigg and Anthony Johnson. Remember them? Neither do I. He got to fight for the title because he went on a reality tv show.

• Advertisement
Advertisement