Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for scrap lead

• 06-12-2010 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Anybody have or know where i can get a 30-40 kgs of lead at a good price?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

TonyFella wrote: »

A scrap metal yard would be an obvious place to start.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

The term "scrap" might indicate you think it will be cheap - it wont, lead is rather expensive now beause of the increased prices of metals, even old car batteries fetch a price at the metal yard now

Or else do what the travellers in their vans and trucks do,look and rummage in all the skips for bits of scrap metal from builders throwing out old bits of roofing/flashing and old lead water/plumbing pipe when doing extension work and building work.

I did this before,years ago,when looking for scrap lead,to melt down and make 5 and 6 ounce lead weights for shore angling/beach casting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You wont find much in skips...Not enough building going on at the moment and most people do not do roofs in the winter...

A scrap yard is def the first place to start....

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

In my post i asked if anyone knew where to get scrap lead at a good price im willing to pay for it.
    I know a few places that sell it but i thought someone might know someone or somewhere that has a bit at a cheap price. I will be melting it down for fishing weights so condition doesn't matter.
    Cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Tony,

Where are you based??

Mike.

In my post i asked if anyone knew where to get scrap lead at a good price im willing to pay for it.
    I know a few places that sell it but i thought someone might know someone or somewhere that has a bit at a cheap price. I will be melting it down for fishing weights so condition doesn't matter.
    Cheers lads

And Im my "2" posts I answered your question with 2 options.

What more do you want like??

paddy147 wrote: »
    And Im my "2" posts I answered your question with 2 options.

What more do you want like??

Nothing from you....like:D

Mike2006 wrote: »
    Tony,

Where are you based??

Mike.

Hi mike im based in Dublin but i travel a lot cork/wexford/waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

i would go with your local church roof lol ow it will be free but will cost you your soul later in life lol:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement