Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Exams Question?

• 06-12-2010 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I was just wondering what happens if you fail any of your Christmas exams? Do you repeat them in January or in September?
    Also, they forgot to list one of my courses in my exam timetable, how do I go about getting this added?
    Any answers are welcome here.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I was just wondering what happens if you fail any of your Christmas exams? Do you repeat them in January or in September?
    Also, they forgot to list one of my courses in my exam timetable, how do I go about getting this added?
    Any answers are welcome here.
    Thanks in advance.

You repeat them in August, all repeats are held then. And i would say get onto admin about the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 killer_penguin

We were told something along these lines;

You can get up to four 35% - 40% over the 2 semesters as long as you have a 50% average in the other subjects to allow for compensation. Anything < 35% you have to repeat in August.

Also if you do have to repeat, the grade you get in the august exam is capped at a pass mark I][U]regardless whether u manage to get a 1.1 in that subject[/U][/I for your final average/GPA. This is to stop people failing half their exams on purpose, and repeating them later to avail of a full grade [incentive to pass first time]. Note: it is still possible to get your merit/2.2/2.1 even if you do have to repeat an exam so don't fret too much :)

That was the gist I got of the whole pass/fail/compensate malarky. Talk to you course co-ordinator if you have any queries - Its part of their job to explain this to you I gather. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

i thought if you get around 36% you will pass that Exam no ? anything under 35% is a fail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Cork24 wrote: »
    i thought if you get around 36% you will pass that Exam no ? anything under 35% is a fail?

No, you need to get an average mark that allows you to compensate the failed exam to bring you up to the pass mark

By-the-by for anyone else wondering, fail 3 then you cannot compensate. That 3 includes christmas and summer exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Ok, just done an Exam this Morning, and kind of made an Error, on Q1, part 1. & Question 2 part 2. how tough are they marking errors will they give you marks ? 8 marks were going for Q2 part 2 and 12 was going for Q1 so part 1 would have being 6 marks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement